Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2011, 07:54 AM   #1
jliveit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10624
Not Frustrated with Keystone after all

Well the follow up to my frustrated with Keystone is it turned out it was not Keystone after all. Two months after we took delivery of our ordered 2011 324RLQ and while in Florida for the winter and finding 2 obvious repairs and a flat spot in the mold on the front cap and a call right away to Keystone I was told to have out dealer kook at it to see if it could be repaired. We called our dealer after talking to Keystone and said we would stop by on our way back from Florida at the end of March for them to look at. March 21st we arrived at our dealer and the owner and his technician looked at it and said it would need to go back to the factory as it would need a new front cap and would get right on it. After a month went by and we had not heard anything we called our dealer. Dealer said he had not heard anything and would follow up and call us. A couple weeks later and not hearing anything we called again and same answer. This kept up for over two and a half months and the last time I called the dealer was told that Keystone said it was not life threating or leaking and they were still working on it. So now we are starting to loose hope and a whole lot upset and place a call to Keystone. The lady we spoke to (Michelle} was very helping and after checking could not find any correspondence from the dealer in regards to our front cap issue. Now we are really p***** off that for the past 8 months nothing has been done. Well with Michelle's help and within 5 days she had us to a repair shop within 30 miles of us and connected with a different dealer and a order for a new front cap and from what we understand will be installed at this dealer 30 miles away.

Moral of the story choose your dealer more carefully than we did.

jliveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
Do you mind sharing the name of the original dealer?
It would be helpful to others to know who to avoid completely and would also (maybe) send a message to that dealer that this kind of service is unacceptable!
Glad you are going to get it finally resolved!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Service is as good as the dealer, and the dealer is as good as it's service.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It is good to hear that.. Keystone to often takes the rap for a bad dealer. The lesson learned here is to follow up,follow up, follow up. If the dealer says they have contacted Keystone then there is not a problem with you following up with Keystone.Let the Dealer know you will follow up with Keystone. Manay of us have been to the servce center and many of us toured the facility. I know how the system works. When the dealer contacts Keystone with your issue it is recorded. There will be a computer entry.. Give the dealer a week or so then.. follow up.. I have watched orders come in from dealers. keystone does not carry a inventory.It is you to dealer, dealer to Keystone, keystone to vendor, vendor to Keystone, keystone to dealer, dealer to you. The system works IF the dealer makes the contact.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
MrLeavingAK
Established Member

M.O.C. #10603
I am dealing with a simular problem. I bought from a reputable dealer (A&S in Auburn Hills) but I live in Alaska. We had a few minor warranty repairs that needed to be taken care of. I keep in constant contact with Keystone on what my dealer is doing to repair my rig as the dealer has to report everything through their (Keystones) computer ordering and warranty repair. Glad to hear they got you taken care of. I also have spoke to Michelle at Keystone (along with many others) and she is very awesome to deal with. Congrats on the fix!
MrLeavingAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:42 PM   #6
jliveit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10624
The dealer is Couch's Campers in Middletown Ohio. Handles Montana & Heartland products and is where we had bought our 08 Heartland but the few issues we had with it were handled directly through Heartland so we had never used the dealer for any service or warrenty work until this issue with our new Montana.
jliveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There is or was a person from Couch's campers who is a member of this very forum. When we were purchasing this 06 3400 we worked with Couchs campers and they offered a very good deal but we purchased from a dealer that was closer. I had always thought Couch's campers was a reputable dealer. Sounds like that may have changed????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:54 AM   #8
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
May not be Couch's Campers fault. They may have been receiving bad info from Keystone. Couch's may not have been talking to Michelle from Keystone. We bought our unit from Couch's Campers. Service has been outstanding and they have handled every issue that we have had. We do not have enough info to trash Couch's Campers.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote