Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
JudeM
Established Member

M.O.C. #9979
Our Repair Journey...

I just thought to pop a quick update for our friends who have listened to our woes for the last few months!
We are sitting in Pendleton, OR now and it's day 2 on the Monty repairs. Our '10 3665RE has had more than its fair share of fails. As it sits now out of 21 warranty related repair issues, all have been addressed. Everything is either repaired, in repair or on order. There were extra things we were looking at and it looks like all of that is A OK to go as well. Some failure to communicate between the customer service rep in Goshen and the factory has added to a small delay (hence the waiting for parts), but that's a small bump compared to the brushing off we had been getting.
So HUGE kudos to Bob and the crew at the Pendleton repair facility. They are knowledgeable and open to answering all our concerns. A welcome relief in what has been a frustrating journey!
Happy journeys everyone!

JudeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
So how is the factory RV park?
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
Dave Anderson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1654
Judy; sounds like things have been going well . keep in touch................Dave
Dave Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
So glad you are getting resolution. Sometimes it takes a good deal of persistence. Hope the experience will be very positive going forward. Happy RVing..................
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #5
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
That is great news, Jude!!! So glad that you are part of the proof of what we have been told about our Keystone company.

May your RV journey continue to bring you joy and peace!
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:50 AM   #6
JudeM
Established Member

M.O.C. #9979
Doug: you were right, no park. We have just been hoteling it. Since they start work at 6am and you know I still haven't figured exactly when that is.
I see know that persistence is good. Although this time was a bit taxing. I am disappointed in our dealer to start then an unhelpful contact at Keystone, but as as far as they actual work at the factory... I am impressed.
JudeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:12 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
In the 11th month of ownership of our 06 3400 and one month before the one year warranty expired and @ 8K miles of hard used on the road we pulled into the service center in Goshen with a list of 26 issues that needed repair under warranty. Some of those issues were related to our "" meltdown in "Q" most were small a couple large. Darrell asked us how long we could stay. We said until you are done. We were there 4 days and they corrected every issue and some we did not know about. In the following 4 years we had two holding tank failures(extended warranty) and a shackle bolt problem(my fault) We added @ another 32 K or so miles to the unit and did some upgrades like the Mor Ryde IS system.

These things are tougher that we think.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #8
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
We've got our trialer back to the dealer for some 1 yr repairs that wern't done the last time and a bedroom slide leaking problem. The fresh water tank is still filling up; not fixed last time we were in. I showed the dealer an articl about this type of problem and how to fix it. Still had to go down and tell them that maybe a new check valve needed to be installed. Waiting today to see if its repaired. The water leak I fixed thanks to the Montana forum and people with the same problem. You have to stay on top of these dealers to get things done.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:27 AM   #9
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
Jude,
I am so glad you two are finally getting resolution on your issues, and I know you had many. The squeaky wheel definitely gets the oil, but if all else failed you could have taken "Jack" with you to the repair facility to offer a bit of intimidation.

In all seriousness though, I am hoping that your issue and fix with the front main frame member will help the rest of us in getting ours fixed now and not just getting the brush off from Keystone and the dealers. I did send and e-mail yesterday morning to one of the Keystone reps we met at our first rally and when I got home yesterday did have a message on the answering machine from Customer Relations. Still have not talked to a real person yet, but we will see where this leads. The only bad thing for us is that we don't have a truck to tow the trailer anywhere right now.

Take care and travel safe,
Jack