Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2010, 04:42 AM   #1
MikeM
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6892
Shower Repair???

We just discovered that our 2 year old shower floor has a crack and leaks into the basement and bedroom area. I'm not certain what the final repair will entail, but has anyone made any temporary or permanent repair without actually replacing the entire one-piece liner? I'm leaning on a temporary patch with Eternabond until we get situated for the winter but welcome any suggestions.

MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:57 AM   #2
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
I have a garden tub in a 3400, I purchased a tub and shower repair kit from Lowes. It has three tubes of an acrylic "clay" (I believe) in colors that can be mixed to match the tub/pan color, that you can manipulate to fill in the crack. Drill a small hole on each end of the crack to halt the cracking and then follow the directions on the kit. Mine has held for 5 to 6 months so far. As an fyi, the crack is on the 'curved' section between the bottom and the side of the tub, not in the bottom.
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
MikeM
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6892
Thanks for the idea Bob! I'll check it out tomorrow - our crack is in a similar area so it may just work.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Mike-- I think Steve Emmel (Emmel on MOC) had the same problem and he took his back to Keystone and they replaced the base. Maybe he will be along later to let you know!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:48 AM   #5
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MikeM

We just discovered that our 2 year old shower floor has a crack and leaks into the basement and bedroom area. I'm not certain what the final repair will entail, but has anyone made any temporary or permanent repair without actually replacing the entire one-piece liner? I'm leaning on a temporary patch with Eternabond until we get situated for the winter but welcome any suggestions.
Mike,
I would call the Keystone Customer Service Center - 866-425-4369. Ask them for guidance. I believe their warranty is ONE year but they may help and that piece may have a longer warranty. Inform them you are a MOC member it will not hurt.
Ref the comment of one piece. I think you will find the sides may be one pieces but flexible enough to get out the door. And the side separates from the damaged floor that is a separate piece. Therefore, you may be able to get just the damaged floor and replace it.
Good luck and let us know what you find.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:31 PM   #6
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
As Rondo said, we just had our shower floor replaced at the service center. Our crack had been leaking into the basement for a long time but was diagnosed as leaking basement doors(by our dealer). Since the problem was detected before the 1 year warranty had expired it was covered by warranty.
Call the service center and explain your problem, this may have also started before your warranty expired.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote