Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2019, 05:59 PM   #1
Vet4jdc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23051
Nashville in summer?

Anyone been to Nashville in the summer months? Where do you stay? How is Broadway in the summer? Are the bars hot inside when they are packed with people?

Planning a summer trip there?

Old 06-02-2019, 06:21 PM   #2
Lday

M.O.C. #22740
Smile Nashville summer

Hello, we live just outside of Nashville.

It is very hot and humid in the summer months. 90s plus heat index
Broadway is busy all summer long now days and the weekends are PACKED. the bars are wall to wall people at night and hot. I would recommend waiting until the fall and visit downtown before 7pm. All the bars play live music all day. We have never camped downtown but there are 3 near downtown.
Here’s a link..

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g...ee-Hotels.html
Lday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:12 PM   #3
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Yes to all. But if it doesn't bother you it's a great time.

Mark
Old 06-02-2019, 07:18 PM   #4
MidMOTraveler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20688
Nashville is hot and humid in the summer. It’s always busy in Broadway on the weekend. Yes the packed places get a little warm gets better late.
There are 3 campgrounds on Music Valley Rd. Yogi, 2 Rivers & maybe a KOA
There is a downtown shuttle that runs R/T for $10 from the campgrounds bests driving and parking.
2017 F450 DRW KR 4x4
MidMOTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:45 PM   #5
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
there is a great KOA in nashville.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:48 PM   #6
TennTom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22087
I recommend staying just East of Nashville over in Lebanon. TN40RV Campground is under new management and has improved greatly while expanding the number of sites. Rates are much better there than in Nashville and it is a short drive (approx 20 min). Lots to do in the Nashville area other than the Honky Tonks like The General Jackson riverboat, Bellevue, Parthenon... I could go on. If for a short stay try the Army Corps of Engineers camp sites. There is one just West in Ashland and some just East on JPP Lake. Pricing is cheap but only dumping stations, no sewer.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:50 PM   #7
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
I cant remember the plac e but it was just down the road from the grand Ol opry. Not the Ryman which is downtown. We were there for the 4th a couple years ago. it rained so hard than stopped for the fireworks then it wasn't 10 minutes later nit opened up and poured on everyone LOL. we didn't go into town because of the rain and watched on tv. I loved Nashville. So much to see there. By all means visit the Johnny cash museum. It doesn't look like much on the outside but it's incredible inside. I have been to Nashville twice. Would love to move there but it's so popular that to many people there now. We also took a walking tour. It was cool. Trip Advisor is where my wife finds things to do
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 06:59 AM   #8
cotter key
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10849
We go to Nashville usually in the fall, and it can be hot than so i'm sure its hot in middle of summer. Usually stay at the Yogi Bear on Music Valley Rd, also a KOA and another one there. Yogi is a somewhat older park with lots of shade, where we are anyway, also some newer parts. Fall and thru the week not so crowded.
Can't beat the shuttle price for going downtown, ten bucks for round trip and they run every hour till midnight i think. So much to see and do downtown there's something for everyone.
cotter key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:20 PM   #9
TennTom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22087
If you stay outside of Nashville and drive in park at the Music City Center. I can't remember what it is for a full day for I have monthly parking but I think it's $20.