Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
bobnsherry

M.O.C. #7239
Introducing ourselves as new members

We are Bob and Sherry Stafford, and we just became full timers on March 28, 2007, after selling our home just outside of Nashville, Tennessee. Our only regret is that we did not decide to do this sooner. We have a Montana 3400RL, and absolutely love it.

Bob is workamping as a park ranger where we are in the Thousand Trails Chesapeake Bay Preserve in Gloucester, VA. I do medical transcription via the internet from our Monty, working about 20 hours a week. Bob is retired from long distance truck driving.

We pull a 14' cargo trailer behind our Monty to carry our toys. We have a Rhoades Car which is a 4-wheel, 2-seat recumbent bike with 36 speeds and a canopy top. It provides a great cardiovascular workout for us both, and is a real conversation piece when we go riding around the park. We have met many people simply because they stop us to ask about our mode of transportation.

I am trying to figure out exactly how to navigate on this MOC site. Is there any way of finding out if there are other members here where we are?

bobnsherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 06:09 PM   #2
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Welcome Bob & Sherry. You have joined the BEST forum on the internet. You will meet a lot of new friends and you'll learn a lot about your Monty.

We are retired, but not fulltimers.

As for navigating this site, you start at the home page with Montana Big Sky, Montana and Montana Mountaineer Edition. You can go to the forum, or a variety of topics(halfway down), or Related Links.(near bottom) If you open the forum you could read all day and not get through it all. I use "Active Topics" and it still takes awhile. You can "Subscribe" to certain topics and you'll be notified when there are new responses.

As for members from Tennessee, look above this thread for "Stats and Facts".

Hope this helps.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:35 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Congratulations on your new fabulous lifestyle and welcome to the forum. Gloucester is a wonderful area for your first stop. We lived in Hampton, VA for four years. There is so much to see on the east coast. Wishing you a wonderful new experience.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:05 AM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bobnsherry

---snip===
I am trying to figure out exactly how to navigate on this MOC site. Is there any way of finding out if there are other members here where we are?
First, welcome to the forum.
Second, if I read your question correctly you are trying to find members in your current location.
The Stats and Facts list shows what members put as there location however some mean their "home location" and others may use it as their current location. I think you have done the right thing by asking the question and they seeing who answers that they are close to you.

The full timers with the Nomadic nature seem to be moving a lot.
Again welcome.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:10 AM   #5
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Hi Bob and Sherry. We will be down to Chesapeake Bay Preserve in July for 10 days. Meeting up with a friend who use to have a Montana and also worked one summer there.

Hope to meet you while we are there.

Carol and Chuck
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:04 AM   #6
Richpollock
Established Member

M.O.C. #7205
Hello Bob and Sherry. Welcome to the fourm. My wife and I join the forum two weeks ago. There are alot of friendly and helpful people on this fourm. I am learning alot on this fourm. We are picking up our 08 2908Rl Montana in less than two weeks. We have a good 7 years before we can travel full time. I put in 11 hour a day in 5 days a week and every other weekend I work on our house which is on 5 acres. We love to travel, but can only get away every other weekend. Four times a year, we do get away for 9 days at a time.

Have a great week
Richpollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:10 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations and welcome to MOC! Another way to find other members from your area is to just post a question with a topic something like "Anyone else from Nashville, TN?"
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:28 AM   #8
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Glad you could join us on the Forum as well as in the ranks of fulltimers. When we repatriated from Hong Kong on March 1, 2007, we did so to our Montana. I tell folks I am from where ever I am at the moment. That is the life style of a Nomad.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:28 AM   #9
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Welcome to the MOC forum, Bob and Sherry. We are not full timers but are beginning to be long timers and love it. It will not take long for you to find others in this forum that are either near you or have other similar interests.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:03 AM   #10
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Welcome! The Montana Owners Club (MOC) will be your premier source for information about your Montana product and to make RVing an enjoyable experience.

There is so much information at first that you won’t know where to start, but just read what is interesting; don’t be shy, and post your questions to the field of experienced users. No questions are too small or too big, there is always someone who knows something about your inquiry.

Oh, did I tell you about the bonus? The bonus is the great group of people who share a common interest with you! See if you can schedule a rally in your future so you can meet all these wonderful people.

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:58 AM   #11
ezzy

M.O.C. #3495
The User ID may say "ezzy" but it lies. Well maybe not a lie as I was just to lazy to use my own ID when my daughter was already logged on.

Anyway...Welcome bobnsherri to the MOC family. If you aren't already aware, you have joined the GREATEST RVers club in the entire WWW. In this case the WWW does not stand for World Wide Web but instead stands for Whole Wide World. This Great MOC family goes very well with the greatest RV line up ever built called MONTANA.

Again WELCOME,

Glenn and Lorraine
ezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:24 PM   #12
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
Hi Bob and Sherry,
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info and also some very funny people. It won't be long before you'll find youself checking the forum first thing every day and maybe even last thing every night.
Enjoy!
judyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:52 PM   #13
jerryandgem

M.O.C. #7283
We,too, are new members. We bought our 2006 2980 last fall in Kelowna, BC, while on holidays. Tho it did disrupt our holiday a bit, we are mostly pleased with our choice. One problem we do have is somehow mice have gotten into our attic and we don't know how they got there or how to get them out before damage is done. We only used our home for 4 days last fall but we have taken it to our sons grad in Victoria, BC already this year. So far we love it. We also took my 86 yr old mother-in-law with us, she did have some problems getting to the washroom,because of the stairs but no rail. Another small problem is that my lino is rippled along the rug and by the island. Hopefully we will be able to get back to a dealer somewhere this holiday season and have that repaired. But all in all really looking forward to our retirement home.
jerryandgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:24 PM   #14
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
Hi Bob and Sherry,
Welcome aboard. We were at TTN Chesapeake Memorial Day for ten days. We saw the two of you riding your four wheeler but did not get a chance to talk.
Hope you enjoy your Monty and the campground.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:26 PM   #15
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Hi Bob and Sherry,
We live in Virginia Beach so close enough to yell for help if you need some....Welcome to the club and to the forum.

Bill
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote