Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2023, 09:19 AM   #1
Kyle and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21685
kitchen floor tile wrinkling

Has anyone had issues with the kitchen tile wrinkling and soft spots, we had a leaking kitchen gray tank valve which has been replaced, but there was a pond of water in the underbelly.

Kyle and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 05:15 PM   #2
LeftOverParts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #32230
Haven't had the problem you're describing but if you had enough gray water pooling on the coroplast since it sags a few inches, I suppose it could have splashed while traveling or created enough condensate to get on the floor from below. You might need to use a carpet blower like these to dry the area.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Heating-...s/N-5yc1vZc4m7

If they had to drop the coroplast to fix the leak, the shop probably used TEK screws to reattach the coroplast. You could remove or have a tech remove some of the screws to pull the coroplast back in spots and check the floor for water damage and/or drying.
LeftOverParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 12:48 PM   #3
Kyle and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21685
Yes, once I realized it, I drilled a draine hole in the bottom and kept an eye on it until I fixed it, but yes, the moisture over a period of time probably saturated the flooring. I'll just have to keep an eye on it.
Old 10-09-2023, 02:14 PM   #4
LeftOverParts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #32230
If the floor bottom wasn’t dried well when the plumbing was fixed, you still might want to check it from the bottom for dampness and dry it from the bottom with a fan. You also might need to treat the floor from the bottom so you don’t get mold.
LeftOverParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 04:37 PM   #5
Kyle and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21685
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftOverParts View Post
If the floor bottom wasn’t dried well when the plumbing was fixed, you still might want to check it from the bottom for dampness and dry it from the bottom with a fan. You also might need to treat the floor from the bottom so you don’t get mold.
We ran a heater at 80 degrees all day to the point we could feel heat coming up threw the basement, currently in Florida we run the a/c's to keep the humidity down. 29% most of the time inside the rig. I did get under the rig today with a creeper and a good drop light so I could check for leaks, all looked good and resealed the belly, everything was dry.