Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2019, 06:25 PM   #1
astrungis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13151
Time for a New Truck: Gas or Diesel?

Hi everyone,

I have a 2011 Chevy HD 3500 Dually Duramax/Allison with about 130K on it and probably travel anywhere from 7-11,000 a year Rv-ing. I haven't been completely happy with the Chevy (DEF recall, water pump recall, a bad transmission control module and now a "Service Trailer Brake System" module issue). My wife is a proponent of a gas truck - brand unknown and I think maybe doing away with the dually but still do a one-ton diesel.

We have a FB3921 at 42' and can't imagine towing that with a gas engine and no exhaust brake like on a dually. How many of you do a gas tower? Is the trailer as heavy as the one I have? And diesel towers: What are your thoughts?
astrungis is offline   Reply With Quote