Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2005, 07:43 AM   #1
Montana_1424
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1424
WOW for Customer Service

Many of you have read some of my posts about the less than guality Souns System, Quest, that comes with many of our units. I have replaced it with a Sony unit, but still was a little upset that I had to. I decided to email Keystone Customer service, just to see what they could do, check out the response:

"Dear Mr. Kosakowski,

We have just reviewed your email sent Sunday, January 9, 2005. We regret to here of the issues you are having with your unit. Please send back the Stereo System to us Attn: Carmen Tom. We will refund you what the dealership pays. You are the eyes and ears in the field so to speak. Your comments, both positive and negative are welcome as they will help Keystone build more practical, reliable, and user friendly products.

Thank you for your time and input,

Keystone Owner Relations"

Not too bad if you ask me, I never asked them to pay for my new unit. but it is nice to get a little someting towards it. I have great faith in Keystone Customer Service.

Montana_1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:35 AM   #2
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
It's good that you did that because it lets Keystone know that the cheap stereo is not adequate. It seems to be a common complaint.

In early models they always forgot to hook up the AM antenna so the AM radio was useless. I am sure they corrected that problem by now.

Thanks for sharing. I think I will start making an upgrade checklist so problems like these will be checked at the factory prior to shipping.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:48 AM   #3
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Ed,

That's a great response you received from Customer Service at Keystone. Thank you for sharing it with us. It's nice to see Keystone step up to the plate once again.

Like Tom said, you let them know it wasn't adequate and those are the things they need to hear. No one can fix or change something if they don't know it is broke.

I know we added a home theater system on our 2003 because we couldn't stand the way the stereo sounded. We left the RCA in because the space where it was looked pretty bad without anything in it. We left that hooked up to the bedroom speakers since we didn't have a speaker switch in our 2003. We still really haven't used it really though in there.

Shortly Keystone replaced the RCAs with the Quest systems. Still I have read a lot of complaints on those also.

I imagine with so many complaints and knowing that Keystone's Montana Division reads here, they'll change out the quest units when they run out of them for something else. I'm pretty sure that they buy most of the products in bulk to get the best possible price so they can keep the units as inexpensive as possible.

I know we would have loved at least the option to upgrade the stereo. Maybe Keystone needs to look into a Media Upgrade Option for the Montana's? Regardless of what system they put in stock?

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:58 AM   #4
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Great looking Pix.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:02 AM   #5
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Thanks Tom, it was taken by Jim of Jim and Karan, MOC members. They were working camping in Glacier for the 2 nd or 3 rd year in a row. He's an amazing photographer. I was blessed by their generosity as he burned us a CD and Karan gave us a few of his other fabulous shots once framed and sitting in our living room as we type.

If you've never been to Glacier it's an amazing place. I think they plan on being there again this year and they love meeting new people let alone MOC members too?

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 03:45 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Patty, we're planning on visiting Glacier this summer, prior to the Reno rally. Do you know if JimnKaren plan to be there this year as well?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:32 AM   #7
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
I wouldn't mind visiting Glacier again. It's a beautiful area. We had a great time there. This trying to stretch vacations out is hard. I know why my Dad said "everyone should try this retirement thing" after he retired. I only have three weeks to spend on vacation with the family - one is dedicated to an annual hunting trip.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote