Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2009, 05:51 AM   #1
loua_loua
Established Member

M.O.C. #9330
Send a message via MSN to loua_loua
Water Water everywhere and not a drop to drink

Help:
We recently entertained two guests while in Florida and when one was taking a shower, he noticed the water drained very slowly,so he mentioned it to me. I went outside and witnessed water gushing out of the bottom of our 2004 Montana Big Sky. This was the first time this ever happened. Any ideas before I go and tear apart the bottom of the camper? Thanks for any help.
loua_loua.
email: alquist@nep.net for direcdt responses.

loua_loua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:58 AM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
You sprung a big time leak. It sounds like a fitting came loose.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:04 AM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Was the water coming out of the basement or the belly area? I recently discovered that the shower drain has two threaded pieces on it and we had a leak in one because it had unscrewed a bit... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:10 AM   #4
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
If it was draining slowly is it possible you have the valve closed and have filled up your holding tank?
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:15 AM   #5
loua_loua
Established Member

M.O.C. #9330
Send a message via MSN to loua_loua
Before I go and undo the entire underbelly, I'm going to run water in the shower again, and see if it leaks with the grey water valve opened and the tank empty. If it does, that says to me there is a fitting problem. If not, I'm thinking the leak occurred due to the tank being full. Which leads me to another question. How come the water did not back up into the shower tub and leaked into the underbelly. I would think a full tank would back up into the shower basin. Hmmmmm Quandry.
loua_loua
loua_loua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:39 AM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I just finished having both my grey tanks replaced. They have a tendency to crack on top of the tank right where the neck goes into the tank. When your grey/galley tank reaches the top it will really pour out of there into the belly, then onto the ground... If your tank was full when this happened, I will guaranteed you that is the problem. Many MOCers have had this problem.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #7
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
I had the same type of situation. Grey water tank 2/3 full and soapy water under the trailer. CW replaced the tank under warrenty, the tank was cracked near the top and only a year and a half old.
Wish you the best...
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote