Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2008, 02:30 AM   #1
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
Campground rules: NO DOG WALKING!

Can you imagine? We recently stayed at Maple Lakes CG in Seville, Oh. Their rules state NO DOG WALKING. They have an area in the park for walking dogs. But, you have to load them up in your vehicle to get them to the proper area. Anyone ever experienced this in a cg? I surely hope it's not going to be the new idea in cg's. We don't plan to go back to Maple Lakes for that reason. It is a nice campground unless you have a pet.
Sandy

slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:55 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Well, until ALL pet owners are willing to pick up after their pets you can bet that more and more CGs will not only disallow pet walking but become NO PETS AT ALL CGs.
I for one, and I am sure I am not alone, hate coming out of my rig on my site to be greated by a pile of dog crap left behind by some uncaring dog walker.
I know, I know , I know that the vast majority of you pet owners pick up after your pets and so I am not directing this at you at all. Those guilty ones out there know just who they are and it's that minority that make it bad for everyone not just pet owners.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:10 AM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
It is a shame that 10% make it rough for the other 90%. I was walking our dog and saw about 8 12" square banners hanging from yard staffs with the words, "NO DOG POOP". I was set back but then realized they had to have a reason for it.
Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:37 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
We have seen this in many many campgrounds, but, see many people walking their dogs up and down the roads, some to and fro the dog walk area and some just walking.

We rarely walk ours, as many of you know from my previous posts filled with agnst, on dogs and owners, and on and on and on. Yea, I know, on and on and on!!

I do let them potty in our campsite at places that have this rule, on leash or in pen, have never (YET) had any one say anything to me.

There are campgrounds that have "pet" areas. In those, I faithfully follow the rules, and do NOT take the fur kids into Non-pet areas.

Gotta say, right or wrong, I do not like to use the pet areas set aside for potty purposes, they are not cleaned up either, and I am paranoid about disease. It is my take, right, wrong, indifferent, if owners do not care enough to clean up afer their fur kids, do they care enough to keep them healthy or up to date on their shots. HMM?? Sigh

And, Glenn and others are right, I don't like coming out of my rig to find a pile, big, small or medium that some human did not stop to clean up when their fur kid made messy. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:44 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Yes we have seen that at several campgrounds. We have also seen more and more campgrpunds with camping areas for units with pets.It is unfortunate that a few make it difficult for many. We are always asked if we have a pet and we say we do..a bird..but for some reason C.G's do not consider a bird a poop hazard.?????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:45 AM   #6
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Kinda wierd - when I first starting camping (in a tent), both me and the dog crapped in the campsite.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:59 AM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Your prospective on this is largely governed by whether you have a traveling pet. I hold a live and let live philosophy...........unless I step in it.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:04 AM   #8
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Walked out the door this morning and on the ground at the last step was a BIG PILE!!!! I HATE dogs and their inconsiderante (sp) owners!!!!
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:50 AM   #9
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by slewis

Can you imagine? We recently stayed at Maple Lakes CG in Seville, Oh. Their rules state NO DOG WALKING. They have an area in the park for walking dogs. But, you have to load them up in your vehicle to get them to the proper area. Anyone ever experienced this in a cg? I surely hope it's not going to be the new idea in cg's. We don't plan to go back to Maple Lakes for that reason. It is a nice campground unless you have a pet.
Sandy
The campground business must be really good in Ohio if this campground can afford to alienate more than half of all RVers.

I am looking for a no smoking campground so that I don't have to have the neighbors cigarette or cigar smoke blowing into my trailer.
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:06 AM   #10
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Campgrounds don't expect you to carry your pets to the pet area. When they post "No pet walking" they are merely saying, "Don't allow your pets to do their duty, get them to the pet area." I have no problem with that. I have more of a problem with pets running loose. At our home park in Lakewood, NM, a lot of us have put big stones out by the street with "Welcome Fido" on them (or something like that). Every owner in the park picks up after their pets.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:44 AM   #11
Snownyet
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6077
Now if we could only ban geese!
Snownyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:04 PM   #12
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigmurf

Walked out the door this morning and on the ground at the last step was a BIG PILE!!!! I HATE dogs and their inconsiderante (sp) owners!!!!
Don't hate the poor dog,hate the stupid owner!
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:33 PM   #13
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

Kinda wierd - when I first starting camping (in a tent), both me and the dog crapped in the campsite.
Hey Brad, I bet Dory dont go for that @%#!*% now!! haha
Tom
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:31 PM   #14
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
hahaaha - Ya Tom, that was back in the days when Dory was a hippie and I didn't know she existed - back when there was peace and love and Woodstock.

Back when smoking was legal and pot was illegal. Back when the neighbors dog crapped in your yard you shot it through the screen door from your easy chair while watching Lawrence Welk, then opened another Pabst Blue Ribbon. Back .... in another time.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:53 PM   #15
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
For clarification: I read on their campsite rules NO DOG WALKING in capital letters. I was walking Rocky down the graveled driveway to the pet area and was stopped by another camper (full timer in the cg) who politely informed me that I was not allowed to walk the dog. I said "But I am going to the dog area" he said you're supposed to take him in your vehicle. I was just shocked. He wasn't even trying to wet a tree or anything, just walking down the roadway on a short leash. They are allowed to make their own rules and I am allowed to choose the campgrounds where I wish to stay. And this is one that is OFF our list.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:57 PM   #16
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
We where riding our bikes the other day.. stop for a second, along came fido with his owner, fido stopped by my bike tire, cocked his leg, did his business while his owner just waited, said nothing, did nothing, and then walked on..... I guess if you want to look at the positive side of the situation... at least the dog felt better!
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:51 PM   #17
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
The other positive side is it could have been your leg.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:31 PM   #18
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120

Dogs should have rights too!

You know, I dislike short, fat, balding guys walking their bellies...ooops, never mind that's was me visualizing myself; I send apologies to my look-alike brothers.

Guess, we'll just keep boondocking and let the rest of ya play the politics and "dog wars" at the "RV" resorts .

How much do they get for gravel pads with good neighbors, anyway? Well, at least the shuffle-board and the puzzle room are free.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 04:31 PM   #19
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Robbie: Does your tongue hurt when you stick it in your cheek?
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 04:58 PM   #20
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Slewis,

We really need to know which park you were in. We would not want to give that park any business either. If you don't want to list it on the forum please send me a PM or email.

Thanks,

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote