Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2007, 12:20 PM   #1
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Shields FAMCAMP, NAS Corpus Christi, Texas

Our first time at this site, what a wonderful place to stay. We got a 50 amp site with power, sewer and water for $15.00 a night.

First of all, the parking site is the widest, smoothest, level concrete slab I've ever seen with a lighted power pedestal. The water and sewer connects are next to the power pedestal in a concrete arc. There are phone and cable jacks on the pedestal but we did not use them so we are not sure if they're active. There is liberal space between our Montana and the neighbors, about 25 feet, and our back yard is open, maybe 60 feet.

Corpus Christi Bay is within 150 yards of our site, some sites are closer. The lighted fishing pier must be over 300 yards long, strutting into the bay.

The shower and laundry facilities are secure, clean and modern. I understand Corpus Christi offers free WiFi in town, picked up a signal on the laptop so I didn't have to use my Motorola RAZR as a MODEM this trip.

Diesel was about 20 cents cheaper on South Padre Island as it was in Corpus, the base's gas station sells Diesel but it was only a dime cheaper than average.

I'd certainly say this park is a must stay if you're in the area. They take reservations well in advance, thinking a Spring trip (not during Spring break) is in order.

Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:17 PM   #2
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Just pack plenty of deepwoods off, the skeeters there can carry away a horse.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:59 PM   #3
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Beautiful place, we stayed there in '03 before they made all the improvements. Thanks for the update - we are hoping to get down there again one of these days

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:15 AM   #4
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Steve and Brenda

Diesel was about 20 cents cheaper on South Padre Island as it was in Corpus, the base's gas station sells Diesel but it was only a dime cheaper than average.
Steve, if you're going to be in that area for awhile, the Valero at the corner of Staple and Weber has been having their diesel at $2.69. We use the Capitol One bank there on Weber and ran across the station. I wouldn't try to fill with the Tana on the TV though. Very small station.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote