Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Recliners replaced

We feel we made a significant up grade to Monty by replacing the LazyBoys that were in our unit. We purchased Ekornes recliners with Ottoman. Because of my hight, all the "kick out" type of recliners we had ever owned left my feet hanging over the end. The adjustable, light weight, sturdy ottoman is the answer for me. The recliners also swivel. The sand colored leather and teak stained wood fits seamlessly with Monty's Oak finish.

They are lighter, easier to handle, and have a smaller foot print than the LazyBoy type recliners. When traveling, the ottoman nestles neatly upside down in the seat of the chair. The travel strap works well with it. They come in three sizes: small, medium and large. They are really comfortable, high quality leather. I waited 3 weeks before posting to make sure they met our expectations. They exceed them. They may be a bit pricey for just weekender RVing, but for fulltiming, Shazam!!

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:25 PM   #2
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
We went with the same design by Lane, same results, love the new chairs. My son favored the Ekornes, my wallet favored the Lane.

JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:46 PM   #3
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
We ordered 2 Flexsteel European Recliners with Ottomans and told them to order the Monty without the recliners. We enjoyed them full.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:49 PM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
The only original chairs in our Montana are two dining chairs. We feel the upgrade to a leather loveseat and a glider and ottoman make our life in the Monty very much more comfortable.

Congrats on your upgrade, Stiles. As much as we sit in those chairs, it's wonderful to find ones that are really comfortable.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:05 PM   #5
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
We exchanged ours also. We have Relaxr or something like that. The ottoman with them also glides and yes they take up less room. We have also taken out the table and chairs and replaced with a teak square table with two extenders when needed. We put it in the back window. The hideabed also came out and a desk went in the original dining area, so Bob and I both have desks. If we ever have stay over company, there is an air mattress in the closet!!
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:22 PM   #6
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
We're hoping to do that one day, although we were looking at the Palliser line from Discount Leather Chairs. They're less expensive, but we have sat in both and think they are great too. Fortunately we only need one with our model.

I wish Keystone would make them an option. If we ever order another Montana we'll have them leave out the chairs. I know we are both sorry we upgraded to the leather option on the chair that came with our Montana other than it is easy to clean.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote