Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2005, 06:49 AM   #21
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
I bought it here.
http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...UY-PLST-0-SRCH

PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 01:01 PM   #22
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
I FOUND SOME MORE!!!!
This time I did find it at Walmart. It was on the bottom shelf right next to the Fabreeze. Looks like a little bottle of laundry soap. White bottle with a rainbow on the label. This is the liquid. I wouldn't have found it except I happened to be going down the wrong isle and looked down to grab the frabeeze and there it was DUHHHHH! So there you have it. Case solved! For me that is....LOL Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 01:11 PM   #23
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Bottom shelf???

Well, will wonders never cease! HAHA

Congrats Kathi!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 07:24 AM   #24
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
I'll bite... what are we using it for, and how do we use it? I just sold a house with a rev. osmosis system, and am now experiencing what au natural water tastes and bathes and washes like.... ICK...
Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 07:56 AM   #25
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Mel ... the Calgon is used to clean the black water tank. You put it in after dumping when you're going to be traveling and the movement creates a sloshing effect which cleans the tank.

As far as drinking water goes, you might want to do a search. There have been recent threads concerning different types of water filters. Steve posted pictures of the one we use, but I don't remember when. I believe others have posted pictures and/or very good explanations of their water filters.

Oh, and by the by ... I also saw the liquid Calgon on the bottom shelf next to the Febreeze at the Walmart in Kalispell, Montana. It's so much easier to find now that I know what I'm looking for!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 07:59 AM   #26
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
Sounds like a good thing..
We have located several inline filters that go in right at the spigot.. Just wondered about the water softener..
Thanks Vicki
Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:40 AM   #27
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
We are also using the Calgon in the gray and galley tanks. Just don't dump as much in there as the black water tank!

I think you are right Vicki, once you know what the container/box looks like, it is easier to spy!
Old 08-05-2005, 10:44 AM   #28
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Now my next question is "How much do you put in the tanks?" Any advice would be really appreciated. Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 12:14 PM   #29
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Kathi,

ohhh, dear, you did have to ask that question! HA HA

I'll tell you what I told Steve R. We do this VERY scientific! We just dump some in!

Actually, in the gray and galley I don't use much, maybe half a cup, and I usually only use it when I am running so the agitation of the minimal liquid in the tanks will slush it around.

The black I add a bit more, plus some liquid laundry detergent and a VERY SMALL amount of bleach. Sometimes I don't bother with the bleach. This is again for running down the road with minimal amounts of fluid in the tank. When we are sitting, I may or may not use some Calgon ONLY, maybe half a cup.

I believe you might find some threads with more specific amounts posted, search the archives too! Seems it was quite a while ago that someone posted scientific amounts!

Good luck!
Old 08-05-2005, 12:45 PM   #30
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Kathi,

Periodacally dissolve 2 cups of water softener in hot water and pour into the tank keeping valves closed. It doesn't hurt to add a cup of liquid dish detergent to the black tank as well at the same time. The galley and gray tank will already have enough soap residue in them. Use as normal until dump time. Ocassionally when my tanks are empty I'll add this mix, fill the tanks about half full with clear water, let 'er slosh while going down the road and dump upon arrival.
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 12:54 PM   #31
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Thanks Mike & Debbie, I had to opportunity to go into a Jewel store and I found it there (about a 2 hour drive from home!)Thanks for the link though!
Al and Carol..Thanks to all your help too! Yes I know all about the Wal~Mart associates!! LOL (meaning not all..there are alot of really helpful ones too!)
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote