Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2005, 01:57 PM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
new low point drains location

Location of the low point drains in the new Montanas - from our factory tour today:

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 03:35 PM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Steve-
Mine are located in the same place, but the drain pipe for 3295RK commode is on the other side of the trailer. Right above the drains on mine is a panel that accesses furnace and water pump. Also the drain for the fresh water tank is just underneath. The hole for the top catch on the other door in this area was cut about 1/8" too low. It would catch, but come unlatched during travel with the flexing of the trailer. Fixed it by swapping holes with lock and the catch and installing a new lock with a longer catch on the back. Door now stays closed going down the highway.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:12 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Charlie, a few people (maybe including you) posted about that problem with the new doors and I pointed that out during our tour. Our tour guide was Mark Krohl. I know from previous experience with Mark he will bring this up to those who make the decisions. I explained the problem and the solution you and others applied by swapping the key lock and turn lock positions. He seemed very interested in this. Thanks for pointing this out.

Mark is the one who contacted me a couple of years ago when I suggested the water pump switch in the 2003 3295RK was not in a good position since it could not be reached with the slides in (I was thinking on the road potty stops). After several emails he took it to the decision makers and the switch was moved to a more central location. So I am confident he will forward this issue.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote