Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2005, 05:22 AM   #1
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Drapery hardware

We picked up our(new to us)Monty yesterday and the wife is busy cleaning and decorating etc. She wants to replace the drapery hardware at the bottom of the drapes that keep them from moving.
The brackets are plastic and "L" shaped and the drape has a sewn pocket for them. Looked everywhere for a source and can't find them or what to call them. Several are broke and she would like me to replace them. Help?

drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 08:18 AM   #2
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
I gave up on mine. The bottom part that is screwed into the wall keeps coming right out of the wall. I gave up, just let them hang there. I doesn't take much of a touch and the screw pops right out.
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 08:26 AM   #3
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
You could make them fairly easily. Get a 3' piece of 1/8" x 1/2" aluminum flat stock from a hardware store, measure the length needed and cut, drill 2 holes, file the ends to shape, then bend to shape. Our's are a mix from the factory, some plastic, some steel. If you don't make them, try calling Montana.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 04:12 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Our Montana came with the tiebacks instead of the L brackets at the bottom. We wanted to eliminate the tiebacks in favor of the bottom brackets. At first our dealer said he doesn't show them in any catalog. We had not found them anywhere else, either. We then asked the dealer to check with Montana to find out where they get them. He ended up getting them directly from Montana. He said he could only get them in lots of 16 and we'd have to buy all sixteen at a buck per. We were fine with that since we needed 14 anyhow.

We've had no problem with the screws coming out in ours. I think there's a frame member there, just need screws long enough to reach it. It's been awhile so I don't remember for sure about the frame member but we've had no problems with it. If yours come loose you could always use an anchor to keep them in place.

Sue, your dealer should fix that for you. He could put in the anchors.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 04:05 AM   #5
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Thanks for the feed back. I thought they might be Montana items. Will consider manufacturing them from something stronger than the plastic. They are only in the bedroom on three windows and most are broke. The screws seem to be in solid. Should be an easy item to make. Thanks
Old 05-13-2005, 05:16 PM   #6
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
FOUND THEM!!!!!
I was in River City RV in Medford OR today and found a whole box of the drapery brackets at $.70 each. The gal says they keep them in stock all the time. Everyone seems to need them.

I also found out they are on the top and bottom of the drape. Will pick up some extras next trip to Medford.

Thanks for all the feedback.