Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2009, 04:17 PM   #21
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Being deprived of your laptop would be adding insult to injury (or in your case, adding insult to repair job!). I hope you had your way on that point.

Hope you have a quick and uneventful recovery!
Carolyn

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:30 AM   #22
KathyandDave
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8693
Send a message via MSN to KathyandDave
Good Luck Wayne. I (Kathy) have had both my knees replaced and a revision....Physio is the key to the highway. AND, making sure that you take painkillers BEFORE you start physio. If it hurts too much, you won't do it or you won't do it well. Don't worry, you won't be on the painkillers for long.
KathyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #23
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Follow-up
=========

Hello all.

Thank for all the kind words and payers.

As stated, the operation went without a hitch as far as I know, but what would they tell you if it didn't, huh? I don't have plastic. I have that metal alloy called titanium, and my original knee cap. The doctor came in the next day to check on me and he stated that I had the worce knees he had seen, that the xrays did not do the severity justice. But everything is cleaned up and I only have a 4 inch scar, if that much. I hope he put it over the other scar for the ACL reconstruction.

As for pain, on a scale of 1 to 10, most days I would tell them zero, but if I had just exercised it would be a two, at rest. When exercising - well it hit 20 or so a few times, but it will be worth it. I have a positive continuous motion machine here at the house, courtesy of Tri-Care for life, to use until I don't need it. Using the one in the hospital, I jumped it up to 70 degrees deflection yesterday and today. During one exercise, where you sit on a chair and pull your injured leg back under the chair I had 91 Degrees deflection.

The post traumatic stress of being without a computer has dwindled considerably since I got home. I'm positive that it will be gone by evenings end. I couldl have had the laptop with me, but I opted to not bring it in. It seems that every waking hour someone is coming in to check the "drip" bags (Not this drip), or take blood pressure measurements, and empty the catheter bag. Having the catheter in is definately a plus, but Glenn, there are no words I can describe when it is being pulled out other than "outch." I think I said a few other choice words, but my mind was not with me at the time and I knew not what I said.

Glad to be back. Wish we were going to Goshen, but we'll just have to wait until spring to see y'all.

Edited: Oh! And that 130 degrees of motion was when I was still under anesthetics and the doctor could have done anything to me.

Speaking of anesthetics. Something that has been around for 15 years or so is a "nerve block." The anesthesiologist stuck a need beteen my groin, hip, and leg and injected something into it. He stated that it alleviates about 80 percent of the pain and the general anestgetic gets the rest.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #24
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Glad to hear you are doing well, Wayne. Hope to see you and Earlene again sometime in the future!!!!

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote