Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Having a CR___Y Day

You can fill in the blanks. Started off as we set up to leave our camp ground, while dumping, my sewer hose ripped. Well I had another one, so shut off the tanks, replaced the hose and continued. When done, went to wash off the water hose that got wet from the broken hose, using the outside shower hose. Picked up the hose, and the plastic connection at my water filter cracked off. Finished getting ready and heading from Carlsbad NM, to Deming, NM, had 35mph head winds, mileage dropped from the usual 11 mpg to 7.9 mpg.

Now all these can be fixed, and this is not as bad (at least in my opinion) as what Icehouse has experienced, but did have a good experience. Had another Montana flash his lights back at me about 11:15 on RT 62 near the boarder partol check point.

Also there was a CW on the way, so I had the opportunity to save almost enough money to pay for my presidents club membership.
Also while in Carlsbad NM, could not get a good Verizon signal, now here in Deming, have a great signal.

So a bad start ended not so bad after all.

rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
But always remember even through the toughest of trails, that every day we are given should be treated as a BONUS day!! Enjoying every day that we are given tends to make us realize that there are actually no bad days, only glorious ones that we really don't deserve but are fortunate to receive anyway!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:57 AM   #3
krtam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7840
Bingo,
Amen!!
Sharon
krtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:22 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
rogue, that is the pits! When we get a rough start, we always look for the other shoe to drop, so to speak. That old everything I touch breaks deal.
At least your awning stayed on the side in those winds.
I really like your adjustable swing hitch, maybe you could take pictures for the group. I had never seen one before.
Stay safe out there, give the wife a hug and scratch the pooch for me.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote