Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2006, 03:57 PM   #1
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
DOCUMENT EV ERY POTIENTIAL PROBLEMS

If you think that you have a potiential problem an it shows up after your year warrenty is over you maybe felt holding the bag to get it fixed.
I have a problem with our black tank, and it showed up after the unit was over one year old and because I mentioned a toliet problem that it was burping back air when flushing and he wrote it up on the work sheet and then I used a plunger to clear the problem temporary and it did not show up on the sheet when I had the work done, I am not covered by warrenty and my black tank needs to be replaced as there is a crack where the pipe enters the tank and it has been bad since it was built.
So if you think you have a potiential problem get it documented!!!!!

carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:11 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Absolutly. I had The Keystone reps all over my roof at the rally looking at roof bubbles and I took pictures and sent them to "team Montana"
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:32 PM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
carlson,
Several of us have had this type of problem. Before you go to the trouble and expense of replacing the tank you might want to try the patch fix. My gray tank developed a crack right near where the pipe connects to it. Used a patch kit and no problem since. I sure didn't want to pay five to eight hundred dollars quoted by my RV dealer.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote