Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2006, 04:01 PM   #1
Montana_1574
Established Member

M.O.C. #1574
Water heater/ pressure problems

WENT TO DO THE DISHES SUNDAY, HAD NO HOT WATER PRESSURE. NOT ONLY TO THE KITCHEN, BUT ALSO TO LAVATORY AND BOTH SHOWER FAUCETS. COLD WATER FLOW IS FINE.

TROUBLESHOOTING THE SYSTEM PRODUCED THE FOLLOWING:
1. COLD WATER BYPASS VALVE WORKING AND IN PROPER CONFIGUREATION.
2. WATER IS FLOWING TO/INTO THE TANK.
3. WATER HEATER IS FUNCTIONING PROPERLY.
4. ALL FAUCETS WORKING PROPERLY.

I COMPLETELY DRAINED ALL WATER FROM THE RIG AND REFILLED THE SYSTEM. THE WATER BEGAN TO FLOW FROM THE HOT WATER SIDE OF THE FAUCET. UNTIL I TURNED THE WATER HEATER ON, AFTER THE WATER GETS TO TEMPETURE, FLOW DIMINISHES AND STOPS TO THE HOT WATER SIDE OF ALL FAUCETS.
GOING TO THE DEALERSHIP MONDAY MORNING TO CONFUSE THEM WITH THIS PROBLEM.

(SUBURBAN MODEL SW-10DE)

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS????

THANKS........TOM

Montana_1574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 04:41 PM   #2
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Your city water pressure or pump gives pressure to your entire system, hot and cold lines so it has to be some form of blockage on your hot water side. I would drain the system again and back flush the hotwater lines with air or water pressure. Then put a small hose in the hotwater tank drain and flush that out .
Good luck getting this fixed and let us know how you make out with the dealer, Don.

Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 05:58 PM   #3
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
There's a check valve in the water heater that has given some problems. I can't remember the specifics, but a search for it in the archives should give you the information you're looking for.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:33 AM   #4
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
The hot water heater has a check valve that prevents hot water from back flowing into your cold water lines. This valve may be bad or partial blocked and restricting the flow of water into the hot water heater. I had to replace mine as I had hot water in my cold water line. The valve is 1/2 inch male ends on both sides and can be obtained at any hardware place.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:32 PM   #5
Montana_1574
Established Member

M.O.C. #1574
THANK YOU FOR SUGGESTING THE ARCHIVES, I WAS ABLE TO FIND THE INFO NEEDED. THE TRIP TO OUR DEALERS SERVICE DEPARTMENT WAS VERY HELPFUL, ONCE I STARTED TO EXPLAIN THE PROBLEM, THEY KNEW EXACTLY WHAT PARTS I NEEDED. TWELVE DOLLARS WORTH OF PARTS, SOME TOOLS AND A FEW HOURS WORK AND WE KNOW HAVE HOT WATER FLOWING THROUGH THE HOUSE.......
Old 02-13-2006, 04:58 PM   #6
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
Was it the check valve? That is what was wrong with mine when I had the same problem as you.
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:56 AM   #7
Montana_1574
Established Member

M.O.C. #1574
YES, IT WAS THE CHECK VALVE. FOR SOME REASON THE MANUFACTURE INSTALLS THE PLASTIC VALVE. I REPLACED IT WITH A BRASS VALVE FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE.