Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #21
trlrboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7697
We have the Carryout and think it works great. I leave the legs attached to the base plate in the trailer basement and setting up is a snap. Like a lot of other I don't get satellite in the BR but don't really care that much. I would just as soon have a cabinet in that space rather than a TV that we never use in there.

trlrboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:52 AM   #22
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
some of you have mentioned no HD for the wingard sat. dish but I read that it does do HD on dish and bell. http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/t...FelAMgodVx8ANA

"It will receive all DISH Network® and Bell TV standard and HD programming."
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:33 AM   #23
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
I think it depends on how much you travel on what dish you pick out. We wanted hassle free set-up after watching other campers spend so much time setting up portable dishes. The Travler was too expensive but we did it anyway. One less thing to carry in the basement and set up is automatic with all the HD channels.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:51 AM   #24
jgavin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10361
Send a message via MSN to jgavin Send a message via Skype™ to jgavin
We used the Dish Tailgater package this last season and found it to be an easy setup, basically a plug and play. However that being said the only issue I found was it doesn't really want a southern sky, (180 degrees) but rather about 218-220 degrees. I had an awful time finding a spot in the tree line to get all 3 birds to lock in, but once it did, it worked really well. We love the month-to-month subscription packages, that works out very well for us!

jgavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #25
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chiplynne

We have Dish at home and take the receiver when we travel. The carryout has worked great (I was frustrated with the manual process) and have been able to move it out of the trees when needed. I too have been unable to figure out the wiring to get it to the bedroom TV.
If you have a vip211k receiver it has a coax output (in addition to the HDMI) on the back of the box. If you can find any place in your wiring where the park cable coax comes in and you can insert a bidirectional splitter in that line, then you can connect a coax from the vip211k to that line via the splitter and it will get the sat signal into the regular park cable lines and get to the bedroom TV. Unless it is significantly different from mine. Another model may also work similarly if it has a extra coax output.
I did notice on the dishformyrv.com web site they now have a vip211z receiver. But it does not appear to have the coax output as the k did. It has a component output (in addition to the HDMI), which would be more difficult to connect to additional TVs.

Interesting about the Tailgater operation. I just had to take the cover off mine to see how it worked. (can't help it, I was an engineer in my former life ). When first turned on the dish rotated more or less a full circle then settled back to a generally southern direction. Then it began a series of "bumping" back and forth and up and down, I assume finding the exact location for the best signal for each satellite, before coming to a complete stop. So it really does not matter how you set it down initially, it will rotate and find the correct orientation.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote