Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
mrnifty

M.O.C. #8994
Boost wifi range X 5 with wi fire

wi-fire usb adapter will boost the range 5 times. It's a great unit.
A must have for those who want fast internet.

It ususally sells for $79 on line.
But until the end of this year you can get a $15 discount.
Priority 3 days shipping is $7

Store URL:
www.hfield.com/buynow (http://www.hfield.com/buynow)

Coupon Code:

HPYHOLIDAY (http://www.hfield.com/buynow)

Feel free to share this code with friends and family.
The coupon code is reusable.

mrnifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:13 AM   #2
The Old Fogies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8908
Have you use one? If so how isit working for you? We camp in State Parks in South Carolina. They have WiFi around the sites near the offices. But, the rest of the campground the signal is to weak. This sounds like it might help.

The Old Fogies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:12 AM   #3
mrnifty

M.O.C. #8994
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by The Old Fogies

Have you use one? If so how isit working for you? We camp in State Parks in South Carolina. They have WiFi around the sites near the offices. But, the rest of the campground the signal is to weak. This sounds like it might help.
You will be amazed at what this adapter will do for you. Many times I will start up my laptop and have zero signals in my area. I plug in the wi fire and I have several signals to connect too.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #4
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mrnifty

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by The Old Fogies

You will be amazed at what this adapter will do for you. Many times I will start up my laptop and have zero signals in my area. I plug in the wi fire and I have several signals to connect too.
So do you profit from the sales of the adapter?
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #5
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
I fail to see how an antenna used inside an RV can perform up to expectations. Two posts and both in this thread??
How about some links to non biased reviews?
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:31 PM   #6
49merc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6266
Here's a review done a couple of years ago. Doesn't sound like it would do too well in an rv park unless it were up on a pole.
Bob
http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a...ews&id=889&p=1
49merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:14 PM   #7
mrnifty

M.O.C. #8994
No I do not make any money from promoting this adapter. It is an excellent adpater. One of the best on the market. They are on sale and I thought I would share the coupon code.
Someone posted a link to an OLD review of this adapter. The software has been updated since then. And they are many new reviews for this adapter. Thanks for the warm welcome. Guess I won't be sharing my insights anymore.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #8
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mrnifty

No I do not make any money from promoting this adapter. It is an excellent adpater. One of the best on the market. They are on sale and I thought I would share the coupon code.
Someone posted a link to an OLD review of this adapter. The software has been updated since then. And they are many new reviews for this adapter. Thanks for the warm welcome. Guess I won't be sharing my insights anymore.
So what does it matter how old the review is? If you have better reviews, by all means, share them. When you join a site just to promote a product, it looks sort of, well, fishy. Just why is it better than others? Please clue us in.

Myself, I use a flat panel, mounted on the ladder. Works great!
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #9
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Why jump on a guy that is trying to improve your wifi or your life? He must be a Monte owner or wouldn't have know about us here and even if not what's the difference! He has had two other posts according to his bio and he's just trying to help us out gang! Maybe I don't deserve to be posting here either since I'm not a fulltimer or have the experience of being on the road and all over the country in my Monte! That being said I'll turn to:
Dave-- You being a computer tech should know what's good and what's bad-- what works and what doesn't! Don't let negative comments turn you off to this forum! There is to much info on here to just blow it off! I'd like to try the unit IF I could get the dumb laptop to work at all! Seems we can get to the wifi site but then can't get anywhere from there! What are we missing or doing wrong? By the way, who are you a computer tech for?
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:09 PM   #10
mrnifty

M.O.C. #8994
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rondo

Why jump on a guy that is trying to improve your wifi or your life? He must be a Monte owner or wouldn't have know about us here and even if not what's the difference! He has had two other posts according to his bio and he's just trying to help us out gang! Maybe I don't deserve to be posting here either since I'm not a fulltimer or have the experience of being on the road and all over the country in my Monte! That being said I'll turn to:
Dave-- You being a computer tech should know what's good and what's bad-- what works and what doesn't! Don't let negative comments turn you off to this forum! There is to much info on here to just blow it off! I'd like to try the unit IF I could get the dumb laptop to work at all! Seems we can get to the wifi site but then can't get anywhere from there! What are we missing or doing wrong? By the way, who are you a computer tech for?
Thanks for encouragement.

Not sure what is up with the site? http://www.hfield.com/ Maybe server is having issues.
I work in IT security for several national banks. So I travel alot.
In the summer instead of living out of motels my wife and I live in our monty. For the price you can't beat the wi-fire. Sure there are better products out there. But then you have to use external antenna's or boosters. I require the internet to work and do paper work. And the wi-fire has been a great product for me. I thought I would share my experiences and did not expect people to jump down on me.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:47 PM   #11
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
I`ve been using the "wi-fire"for almost a year now with my lab top.It does greatly improve your connection.i`ve been to parks where I couldn`t get a signal,then plug in the "wi-fire" and get connected on the internet.For me any how it was worth the money.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:41 AM   #12
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Welcome to the forum David! I for one appreciate your insights, no ones opinion deserves to be bashed, but unfortunately it does happen. I have not heard of "wi-fire" at this point and will be following this discussion. Thanks John for posting your experience with this product, hopefully there are a few more out there.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:08 AM   #13
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Well put DarMar! I just don't have that touch for writing things. I say what's on my mind and that's it! Thanks again Dave and I'll be checking on this unit. The price is definitely right! If you're ever in the Omaha area look us up!! The DW used to work in IT for Peoples Natural Gas/ Utilicorp which I think now is South Dakota Gass or something like that!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:49 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This is what it does if one reads the site... " The Wi-Fire is a compact, range-extending USB device that enables you to access a wireless Internet connection from up to 1,000 feet away--three times the range of your INTERNAL WIRELESS ADAPTER.".... I see no reason why it would not work.
Of course you must be able to receive some sort of a signal and be clear of obstructions. We do use a 3 watt amplifier here in this weak signal area with the antenna on a 20 foot pole above the Montana roof. The verizon antenna is @ 10 miles away, line of sight, and we are in a slight depression. Our Signal about doubles. The mentioned device should work great in a C.G where you are in a distant or weak signal area of the C.G supplied WI-FI and the price is fair. No antenna or amplifier device can make a signal appear where there is no signal....
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:59 AM   #15
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
I bought the wi-fire two years ago and I have not been impressed with it. It just doesn't seem to increase the signal strength. The laptop's internal wifi card does a better job of picking up the signal.

Lou
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:52 AM   #16
mrnifty

M.O.C. #8994
Two years. I am sorry to hear about your success thus far. I would suggest going to the manufacture website and download the newest drivers. Improvements are made all the time to software and or hardware. To me it sounds like your are having conflicts with your internal wireless and your external.
Something is obviously wrong.

Example. I am in my living room. Using my internal wireless card I see my two wireless routers in my house. And I see my closest neighbors linksys router.
I then plug in my wi-fire router. Besides the abvoe three connections I see 6 more of my neighbors wireless connections. Two of them are open networks. I was able to connect to those two networks and surf the net.
So when you say your internal card is better than your external is very hard for me to believe. Some software is out of date on your computer and must be causing conflicts.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 5rvers

I bought the wi-fire two years ago and I have not been impressed with it. It just doesn't seem to increase the signal strength. The laptop's internal wifi card does a better job of picking up the signal.

Lou