Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Boon-docking
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2008, 08:14 AM   #1
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Potable and portable Water Bladder - On Sale

As you may or may not know, we got turned on to water bladders this winter in AZ (thanks Robbie). This is a plastic bag that holds 45 gallons of water. When you are camped in an area without hookups, it is a handy way to refill your water supply without moving the RV. Throw the bladder in the truck, go to where there is water, fill it up using your hose, drive back to the RV and drain it into your fresh water tank. No fuss no muss, no heavy jugs to be filled and lifted. It was designed to use gravity feed in filling the RV tank and it works but it is a little slow (unless you put the bladder up on the cab of the truck or an elevated platform). Being of the "Binford Tools" school of "More Power", Robbie found a 12V water pump at Harbor Freight that is inexpensive and pumps water like mad. Under five minutes to empty the bladder.

So why am I telling you this? Because Camping World has the 45 Gallon Water Bladder on sale right now. Normally it is $99.99 (President's price $89.99) but the sale price is 69.99. The problem is the sale is listed as an "Internet Sale Only". If you order over $100, the shipping cost is reduced 50%.

It so happens I was near a Camping World this morning and not wanting to wait, I found they had the bladders in stock (at $99.99/$89.99). I picked one up and went to the cashier to see what I could negotiate. I had a printout of the Camping World sales ad showing the bladder for $69.99 but I left behind the first page of the printout where it stated (in big letters) "Internet Only!". It didn't matter, I didn't fool her, as she realized it was an Internet sale and told me she would have to charge me the shipping cost. O.K. $69.99 is pretty good, how bad is the shipping? Oh by the way I have over $100 worth of stuff here so the shipping cost should be reduced 50%. No sweat she said, let me find the charge. After calling her manager who didn't know and trying to find a catalog, which she couldn't, she finally said the heck with it. And rung it up without any shipping charge. So for $69.99 plus tax, I walked out the door with a 45 Gallon Water Bladder!

If you are interested in getting one, and I am now a big believer in them if you dry camp at all, either try visiting your local Camping World with a copy of the ad, or just order online. It is the best price I have seen yet.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:49 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
They are great and you can get a 12V pump at Harbor Freight that will pump the water up hill into your holding tank.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote