Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Mid-Atlantic-Virginia Region
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
Rally Campsites

Several questions have been asked about assigned sites. As it is now, you can just set up in Section P and Section A as pull-thru sites. If you would like, I can set up a map and assign sites according to when people signed up to come or we can leave it like it is. Give me feedback and I will do what the majority wishes. Thanks and don't forget to sign up for the different activities that we will be having.

chieflawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Can we give you a list of people we don't want to be next to???
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
At Rallies we call that HoBo style. Park as you arrive.Just look for a bunch of Montana's and park by one.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
sola123
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10136
Steve...are we to park in sections P & R or sections P & A.... both have been mentioned....or is it sections R, P & A...we will arrive Wednesday around noon...forget this note..just read your update on sites to park in...
sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
I plan on getting there Tuesday afternoon so everyone not already there and parked can get assistance when they get there. If you get there before me, remember it's 'Hobo style'. Find a site close to the pavillion and "homested" it there. When we fill those up, we will take over the rest of the campground. Just a note, I am meeting with the GM of Camping World in Statesville tomorrow after lunch. We are going to see what they are willing to do for us. Keep fingers crossed.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #6
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Hmmmmm, wonder if the wagonmaster is gonna show up in a new rig??? GM inspired purchase or the like?? Ha Ha!! Keep focused Steve, rally - not rig, repeat, rally - not rig!! We are hopeful to be arriving late afternoon Wednesday, took the day off work, but will be traveling to Wellsburg, WV in the a.m. to pick up dock parts. Hope to head that way a little after noon, which should put us there around four or five. Practice, Jim, practice!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #7
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
Wife says not to worry about new rig. She can't find a new one that she likes any better that our 10 year old one. But we can still look, hehe!
Old 08-07-2011, 04:29 AM   #8
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
That is what she says NOW!!!
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:32 AM   #9
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
And she says that if I ever volunteer us again for putting on a rally, I am going to be living in the camper..lol..(another reason to get a newer one, huh).
Old 08-07-2011, 07:54 AM   #10
Sheepdog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10354
Steve,
Will we need cash or check to pay you for the campgrounds? assume you won't take credit card?
We should be arriving Tues aft. and can help you get things set up.

Jim, have you got the H2O balloons? I'll save you a site by the playground or crapper.

Chuck
Sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:07 AM   #11
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
Prefer cash, but if you want to write a check for the campsite, I believe that you can make that out to Tom Johnson's. The rally fee can be written to me. I have a Excel sheet showing all of the costs for what was spent and will do one for income from the rally. Anyone that wants to inspect it is welcome. I can take credit cards but would have to charge the 3% fee and if I have internect access.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:08 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by chieflawdawg

And she says that if I ever volunteer us again for putting on a rally, I am going to be living in the camper..lol..(another reason to get a newer one, huh).
delegate, delegate, delegate. If you are in charge you should ot have to do hardly anything
We are off Monday Am and overnight at Ft Chiswell,Va.Will be in by Noon Tuesday.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:11 AM   #13
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
I try to delgate at home and you can guess how that turns out. My wife said that since I retired, nobady has to listen to me anymore. On top of the heap one day, bottom of the pile the next, lol.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:16 AM   #14
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Steve-- You have to run it like we do the Central Plains Rally-- set up the preliminary stuff and take it from there.

We do set up specific days for like the Meet and Greet,the Potluck and maybe a trip or two away from the RV Park for a night out to eat but from that point on we discuss it with everyone the night of the Meet and Greet! We give them the options and they decide what we want to do as a group and not to do.

Ours is a very informal rally since we have so much to do and see around that everyone can do as they wish for site seeing and etc. We do have the Potluck and possibly another meal at the RV Park but from then on it's up to the people attending to decide what they want to do as a group, in pairs as couples or individually. It has worked out great for us. As I always say "We give the attendees a WARM WELCOME...." each year because for the past two years we've had a hot streak hit us during the CPRR and the temps have been in the upper 90's and we even give them some of Mother Natures fireworks every-so-often just to keep things exciting! No fireworks this year but it did show up after the Rally ended.

If you can make it next year to our Central Plains Rally come on out to the Great State of Nebraska and enjoy some of our Midwest or Central Plains hospitalitiy! The dates and place for next year's CPRR are already set "so check us out and come on out!" We welcome anyone from any of the other Rallies to join us and those that have never attended any Rally too. This year we had 6 or 7 States represented at the CPRR and hope to have more next year!

We'd be leaving today if we were still scheduled for the Mid-Atlantic but we had to cancel because of some other committments. We hope you have a great Rally and from what I've been able to read here on the Forum it will be outstanding. Sorry we'll be missing it! Have a great one and tell everyone "Hi!" from us and we will see those attending your Rally and also the Fall Rally in September in Goshen.

From the Cornhusker State we're signing off! Take care and see you down the road!
Rondo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #15
ctomwood
Established Member

M.O.C. #9744
We will be there on Tuesday afternoon.

Are u saying that they din't accept credit cards??????

Tom
ctomwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #16
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
They wanted use to do all of the registering and pay one lump sum according to how many sites and nights that we used. I am sure that if an individual wanted to settle up with them for their particular site that you probably could. I don't believe that they are going to turn down any money. We will work it out when you get there. I should be there around 4:30-5pm on Tuesday Look forward to seeing you there.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #17
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
Rondo,

Thanks for the advice. I was in administration for the past 18 of my 31 years and I could delegate rather well. I guess that since this our first attempt as wagon master, I want it all to be memorable. And I am sure that it will be (good or bad). I like your ideas and maybe we can venture out that way in the near future. Thanks