Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2008, 09:33 AM   #1
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
Try Chrome - Google Browser

It is only a Beta version, but give Chrome a try. It is different than what we have become accustom but is really fast!

bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:44 PM   #2
ehmcfarl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8206
Maybe it's just me; but, huh???
ehmcfarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #3
49merc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6266
It's a new browser from Google. http://www.google.com/chrome
Bob
49merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:43 AM   #4
ehmcfarl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8206
Thanks Bob, I'll give it a try.
ehmcfarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:28 AM   #5
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Keep in mind this is their first Beta release...it's a little buggy and they have a number of things to work out yet, including security issues.
Also, take a good read of the EULA...I haven't read it yet, but heard it's a little scary.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:39 AM   #6
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Taken from the Eula:

"11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.

11.4 You confirm and warrant to Google that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above license."

To make it simple. Everything you do (email, youtube movies, post, etc) with Crome is owned by Google. According to the License.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #7
49merc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6266
I think I would pass on that!
Bob
49merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:31 AM   #8
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Ozzie,

Guess I would have a problem with the Google EULA if I had something to hide from them. This product is free like all of google's web-based applications; and as long as they are willing to give them to me for free, and I have the resources to protect my network from intruders...I'll give google their statistics.

Google has never asked me for anything except my statistics, and I have the option of not giving them that information if I wish. Google products in every single case have been well written and continue to be improved upon to make them easier and more functional.

For people who are willing to give out their information without permission to MS Internet Explorer (mother ship), they shouldn't have ANY problem giving statistical information to google.

Chrome is a Beta version, but so is Gmail and it has worked without any problems on my two systems for the past 4 years...that is more than I could say for the MS email and browser apps.

I am still amazed at how long it took me to get smart enough to dump Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE)....and stupid me, I paid good money for it too.

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:06 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
What do you like about Chrome and not like, so far? How does it compare to Firefox (which I've used for quite awhile). Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:11 AM   #10
MikeM
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6892
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

What do you like about Chrome and not like, so far? How does it compare to Firefox (which I've used for quite awhile). Thanks.
I've been using it off and on (mostly on) since it was released. It seems to be faster than either Firefox or IE, although it is still buggy as mentioned before. The interface is very clean and, to me anyway, is how a browser should be constructed without all of the extras which add to overhead. IMO it will be a killer once the bugs are fixed - knowing how Google has performed in the past, that shouldn't take long.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:45 AM   #11
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
No Mac version yet, so I will wait for a while for that to appear. Sounds good from what I have read about it. Google things usually work well. The Safari browser works well on the Mac, so perhaps there is less incentive to change.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:23 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Safari is also available for the PC now although I've not tried it. I'll eventually try both Safari and Chrome but not yet.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 01:44 AM   #13
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
Safari has issues with some FTP sites
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote