Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2007, 05:01 AM   #1
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
(Mac) Leopard & Launch2net

Those using Launch2net to connect an aircard to a mac will be pleased to know that the latest version now supports leopard. The upgrade is free and available from nova media. I had a way older version so was pleased to find several new features in the configuration and preference menus
Dave

BTW: Leopard is just plain great.

Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:24 AM   #2
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Glad to hear that Leopard is good. We bought our MacBook, with Windows XP loaded on it, about 2 weeks before it came out (not knowing that Leopard was on the way). I was afraid it might turn out to be "Vista for Apple".

I don't think we have "Lauch to Net", We have Airport built in, does that do the same thing? or is Launch to Net something we should look into? We seem to be able to ger online easily enough with the Verizon Air Card.

Still learning Mac. stuff, and hints welcome!,
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:47 AM   #3
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
The built in airport is a different animal than an aircard. Airports are for local area networks while the aircard uses wide areea communication over the cell phone frequencies. If you are using your aircard now, chances are you don't need Launch2net.

Having said that, a neat trick is to share your aircard internet connection over your airport to another airport equipped computer. The setup can all be made with controls in the system preferences. We have that setup so Victoria can access the internet on her Mac book when ever my Powerbook is on. We no longer have a DSL connection to our stick house and, of course, it works just fine when we are on the road.
Dave
PS, John and Donna, If your purchase was that close to the release of Leopard, I would check with Apple. I'm sure you will get a free update. They are good that way.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote