Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2007, 03:59 AM   #1
Alex Sian
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7171
Send a message via AIM to Alex Sian
Verizon "5GB Limit" -- no longer an issue

The New York state attorney general's office conducted a lengthy investigation into 'deceptive marketing' by Verizon Wireless while promoting their "Unlimited" BroadBandAccess and NationalAccess plans.

As a result of this investigation, Verizon has agreed to a settlement that reimburses $1 Million dollars to some 13,000 customers who had their account wrongfully terminated. (The money represents the cost of equipment customers could not get refunds on, not 'early termination fees'.)

More importantly, there was this official statement made by Verizon:

Verizon Wireless has voluntarily ceased cutting off customers based on their data usage and no longer prohibits common internet uses.

With that said, its my opinion that the "5GB Limit" is no longer a threat hanging over any existing or future verizon broadbandaccess subscribers.

Here's a link to the NYAG press release:
http://www.oag.state.ny.us/press/200...oct23a_07.html

Alex Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:10 AM   #2
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
That is wonderful news. We don't exceed the 5 gig limit, but I always wondered how unlimited could be limited...
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote