Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Brrr it's cold outside! Winter Camping
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2007, 05:14 PM   #1
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Winter Camping Popular Again

I had my easter weekend trip planned for two months. I thought it would be perfect with few people at the lake on this holiday weekend. I couldn't have imagined how wrong I am. The campground had lots of trailers there when we arrived. We could only spot a couple of empty spaces which had me in shock. I guess with the quality of the new units coming out people are no longer just summer camping.
I may have to find a new winter lake. Lake Murray is really getting popular again.

Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:06 AM   #2
Sunnyside
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6859
We spent Easter weekend at Normandy Farms in Foxboro, MA this weekend. Every spot was full and there were A's being parked in the over flow areas. It was the same the first weekend of April. Normandy has about 200 slots open for winter camping (they are open all year). They are reserved and paid for a year in advance (ours is paid thru 2008). It is dry camping in the winter, but we really enjoy it.

Jim
Sunnyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:03 PM   #3
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
We try to go out once a month and are amazed how crowded our favorite sites are in January. Seldom do we get below freezing but we still drain after every trip. Yep, a Texas winter is not a true winter, but after being stationed in North Dakota we certainly appreciate our winter weather here.
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote