Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Insurance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2007, 01:20 AM   #1
dbrill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #359
Anyone have American Modern Insurance

Does anyone use American Modern Insurance on their Montana and if so are you happy with them. The coverage quote is 30% less than Progressive who we are currently with and the coverage is better. We have never had a claim but Progressive hit us with a huge increase in premium this year because we don't have any auto loans and therefore they consider us a credit risk.

dbrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
TubensMA

M.O.C. #6959
Send a message via Yahoo to TubensMA
I just signed up with them recently.
But, this is my first RV.
My dealership did reccomend someone else (i forget who),
But when they quoted me $300 more the American Modern did,
I went with the cheaper. This is tough for me because I live in NYC and premiums are high anyway. I'll search for better rates thruout the year, but I'll stay put for now.

TubensMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:36 AM   #3
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dbrill

Does anyone use American Modern Insurance on their Montana and if so are you happy with them. The coverage quote is 30% less than Progressive who we are currently with and the coverage is better. We have never had a claim but Progressive hit us with a huge increase in premium this year because we don't have any auto loans and therefore they consider us a credit risk.
We use Progressive for motorcycle insurance. On the fifthwheel they seem higher than most so we go with Interstate.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #4
kegger5769
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4412
I use Good Sam insurance underwritten by GMAC. I have quoted many other insurance co. but have not found anyone who was cheaper and better coverage. I did not quote American Modern Insurance.
I can be a tough choice to figure out whos the best but it boils down to a personal choice. Good Luck !!!
kegger5769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:08 AM   #5
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
I have State Farm for everything right now. But, when I spoke with my agent the other day, I now realize I'm gonna need to make some changes. I asked her if I have full replacement on the Monty. She said yes, it goes by whatever the RV blue book value says the unit is worth at the time of loss. I asked her what about the contents. She said that will need to be addressed now that I'm moving out of my apartment. The contents of my Monty were covered under my renter's insurance. Once I no longer pay that, I'll need to look elsewhere. I don't know if I'll stay with them or not. I may look into a company that specializes in RV's. CW keeps sending me offers to go with their Good Sam coverage. I may look into it. I used to have Foremost on my Fleetwood, but I wasn't thrilled with them. I guess it's just one more thing to add to my things to do list. It's getting longer and longer as my move out date approaches. I'm so tired.

Jan
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:42 AM   #6
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I have American Modern, but have not had the opportunity to use them yet. Rates seem reasonable. There replacement coverage is for full price of the Monty for first five model years ($51k for me), then prorated after that. I chose the $500.00 deductible. Also have liability, as we are going to be fulltiming soon. Total premium was $413.00 year. How does this compare with others?????????
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:20 PM   #7
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Connorsmom

I have State Farm for everything right now. But, when I spoke with my agent the other day, I now realize I'm gonna need to make some changes. I asked her if I have full replacement on the Monty. She said yes, it goes by whatever the RV blue book value says the unit is worth at the time of loss. I asked her what about the contents. She said that will need to be addressed now that I'm moving out of my apartment. The contents of my Monty were covered under my renter's insurance. Once I no longer pay that, I'll need to look elsewhere. I don't know if I'll stay with them or not. I may look into a company that specializes in RV's. CW keeps sending me offers to go with their Good Sam coverage. I may look into it. I used to have Foremost on my Fleetwood, but I wasn't thrilled with them. I guess it's just one more thing to add to my things to do list. It's getting longer and longer as my move out date approaches. I'm so tired.

Jan
I had State Farm and changed to GMAC. State Farm does NOT insure when you are fulltiming and my replace cost is a new unit for five years and then what I paid for the unit new for seven years, NOT blue book value all for lower premium.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:34 AM   #8
sneak40
Established Member

M.O.C. #3303
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dbrill

sneak40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:37 AM   #9
sneak40
Established Member

M.O.C. #3303
[quote]Originally posted by dbrill

[/I have had them for 5 years now , but never had a claim , The price is good.
sneak40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:47 PM   #10
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
I had to put a claim in with them,got a check minus the deductable in less than a week.
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote