Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2018, 03:33 PM   #1
My09Ride
Established Member

M.O.C. #20335
Post In a Mess

I feel like I'm in a Mess! Have an 11, 3615RE. Have taken care of it like it was one of the kids. Until this yr. . Sat at repair shop all winter. Not my choice... but Stuff Happens. Now Having rotator cuff surgery, and no way I will be able to CLEAN the ROOF, or ANYTHHING else. That is Killing Me. Who could I get to do that for me... Won't be a great Camping Season??? . I will have to ride and pray I have taught the wife to pull it. . and PRAY.

My09Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:17 PM   #2
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
There are usually mobile auto detailers in bigger towns and cities. I bet they would come to you and do the work for half of what a rv dealer would charge.
Theunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:32 AM   #3
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunz View Post
There are usually mobile auto detailers in bigger towns and cities. I bet they would come to you and do the work for half of what a rv dealer would charge.
We have friends who used to own a 40' motor home and these mobile detailers would come to their rallys. Apparently they did a great job....but it was $10 a foot, with wheels and roofs extra.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:32 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Most any Rv dealer will have facilities to to do what you want. The mobile Rv repair is a option in many areas. I like you can do little in the way of Maint and have no problem f inding someone to do it.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:23 AM   #5
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
Quote:
Originally Posted by My09Ride View Post
I feel like I'm in a Mess! Have an 11, 3615RE. Have taken care of it like it was one of the kids. Until this yr. . Sat at repair shop all winter. Not my choice... but Stuff Happens. Now Having rotator cuff surgery, and no way I will be able to CLEAN the ROOF, or ANYTHHING else. That is Killing Me. Who could I get to do that for me... Won't be a great Camping Season??? . I will have to ride and pray I have taught the wife to pull it. . and PRAY.
I'm fixing to have rotator cuff surgery also and i won't be on my roof for quite a while. Since you have taken very good care of your rv i think you could take a break from the roof and be ok. Some people never get on there roof and seem to get by anyway. My wife doesn't pull the rv so i will have to wait till fall to travel. I would already be having my surgery on left rotator but waiting for my right hand, arm, and face to heal from 2nd degree burns. Two accidents in 5 weeks is enough to keep me grounded for at least 6 months. Good luck with your recovery.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:35 AM   #6
My09Ride
Established Member

M.O.C. #20335
Thanks to ALL I never thought about a mobile RV detailer.... Brain Fart I guess. I have found a couple around, and will check it out a little closer.... I did notice though, none do the roof??? Maybe I can get the son-in-law to do it with my supervision... Thanks Again. Texan Good Luck with ALL
My09Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:56 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by My09Ride View Post
Thanks to ALL I never thought about a mobile RV detailer.... Brain Fart I guess. I have found a couple around, and will check it out a little closer.... I did notice though, none do the roof??? Maybe I can get the son-in-law to do it with my supervision... Thanks Again. Texan Good Luck with ALL
Mobile RV repair service will do maint of the roof if needed.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:17 PM   #8
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Never ran across a mobile rv service that would not take on a roof job.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:47 PM   #9
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
I use a mobile tech for the roof. A mobile wash crew supplies water to wash/rinse with as they are sure it will not leave spots. $4 per foot to wash includes roof and tires and $10 for wash and wax. They leave the windows sparkling too.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 09:24 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
I use a mobile tech for the roof. A mobile wash crew supplies water to wash/rinse with as they are sure it will not leave spots. $4 per foot to wash includes roof and tires and $10 for wash and wax. They leave the windows sparkling too.
We use the same kind of service here at our Florida site at about the same price wash and wax.The mobile RV service will inspect and maintain the roof as necessary. These services are not as common up north although most dealers will do it but require the RV be brought to the dealership.