Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
How long to get a pump? - Update-Again

I dropped off the camper on Monday, August 9th, at the dealer while returning from the GL Rally. Both slides were creeping out. I was told it needed a new pump. That was nearly three weeks ago. Does it take that long to get parts from Lippert?

Update - Well, the camper is still in Bath, New York and not yet fixed - 31 days. Called today and part was not available from Keystone (vertical pump vs horizontal pump or vice versa) so I guess the order went to Lippert.

Told them that I would be coming after it on September 16th FIXED OR NOT as we had plans for the Fall Rally. I guess you could say that I am not a camper.

Update - August 8

Called dealer today to check on progress. No progress because no pump. Oh, and by the way, I was placed on hold. After 20 minutes, I called back. Finally got to talk to service and parts.

August 9

I called directly to Lippert. Talked to parts and was given a part number for the pump (#14111) and was told they had 27 in stock. I wondered why is it taking so long. Called the dealer again and told them what I found out. Parts dept said they received confirmation that it had been shipped and was in Ohio.

August 15 (Day #37!!!!!)

Called today and pump arrived on Saturday but has not yet been installed. Told service (new person) that when I dropped it off, I would be coming after it on September 16 as I had plans to attend the Annual MOC Fall Rally. Was promised (PROMISED, mind you) that it would be done by noon tomorrow. Stay tuned.Fixed as promised!! Thank you Karrie.

September 16

Camper is home and ready to be packed for Goshen. Found out that the pump was ordered on August the 17th and it took Keystone THAT LONG (25 days) to get it to Camping World of Bath. WOW!!!

Old 08-30-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
It took me from Feb. to June to get my pump changed as Lippert want this test and that test done. They seem to come up with a lot of test every time the dealer completes the test they want and they don't pay for all the testing. My dealer had 5 1/2 hrs tied up in testing. Several times the test showed nothing and they they would go out to the Montana the next morning and the slide would be out. They finally sent a pump and it was changed out, since then no more problems.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
It shouldn't take long because from your date it will be a sale for them rather than a free one.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
The warranty on the hydraulic system is 5 yrs. so hopefully you are still covered.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:32 PM   #5
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
I had a pump problem, did some trouble shooting over the phone with Lippert...didn't help, they sent me a pump the next day with a prepaid envelope to return the old one to them. First class all the way.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Call Lippert direct, then cancel order with Keystone. No excuse for this length of time. When I lived and worked in Alaska, I could get medical supplies overnight if I really needed them. In this day and age overnight is too easy.....OR take it to Elkhart and get it fixed there......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:32 AM   #7
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
I have an extended warranty with Camping World of Bath. I thought if the pump did not arrive and camper fixed by the 16th, I would try to make other arrangements and possibly have the pump replaced at the rally. I don't know who is to blame here. Parts lady said that Keystone did not have the part and had to be ordered (by whom??) from Lippert.
I just might call them back and find out.

Edit - I called Lippert and they had 27 pumps (#14111) in stock. Called again to the dealer and was told that they received word that the pump had been shipped. According to the shipper, it was in Ohio. Hopefully, it will be repaired by Thursday.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:59 AM   #8
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Keystone does not stock parts, Camping World would have better luck if they went right to the source, Lippert
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:54 AM   #9
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I know there have been issues with Lippert frames, but, I ordered the scissor jacks they had in their clearance section on line and they were shipped the very same day I ordered. Sure looks to me like the dealer has let you down. I have pump issues, I will bypass the dealer, and deal directly with Lippert.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:14 AM   #10
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
Had to take to dealer - extended warranty covered. New pump, as listed on line is about $1000.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:35 AM   #11
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bullroc3

Had to take to dealer - extended warranty covered. New pump, as listed on line is about $1000.
Totally understandable. I wanted to replace our Northern Breeze fan my self; extended warranty CSR says, "you can't do that".
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote