Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Was that You???
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2004, 04:31 PM   #1
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
Hurrah! Another Montana

I see another Montana (I think it is a 2880) sitting in the Berry Patch Campground, Rapid City. I am glad to see you. I was getting tired of seeing Prevosts, Monacos, and the rest of the high dollar units.

Hope I get to meet you before you pull out.

lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:34 AM   #2
aljolleyjr
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #65
Brad: How do you like the campground,Berry Patch? We plan on being there in the Mt. Rushmore area after we leave the MOC rally in Bremen In. at the end of Sept. How far is the campground located from Mt. Rushmore and other area attractions? Where had you been prior to coming to Berry Patch? We plan on leaving S.D. and going to Yellowstone if the weather cooperates. Travel safe and maybe we can talk at the rally.

Al.
aljolleyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 03:28 PM   #3
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
The Berry Patch is pretty good. Well over 100 sites within the campground. Swimming pool, nice place to walk pet, play area for the kids, and 2 separate bathhouses. Full hook-up means electric, water, and sewer. The one drawback is no cable. I have satellite tv so I don't worry about the cable. I am in the back of the campground since I am here for the whole summer (minus Sturgis week). The water pressure is 35psi in the back. I understand it is better up front but I don't know what it is.

I like it because I am close to shopping, RV dealership, Menards Hdwe, K-Mart, and other amenities. I will be leaving here not later than the end of September, so I may not get a chance to meet you. The nightly rate for full service is $35 (monthly is $12.50 a day) so it is kind of pricey.

Hope to see you down the road.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:01 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Al, Rapid City is a good choice if you want to be close to serious shopping. As an alternative, we stayed recently at Crooked Creek RV park just south of Hill City. It's 12 miles from Mt. Rushmore and 8 miles from Crazy Horse. Custer State Park, Needles Highway, Wildlife Loop, and Iron Mountain Road are all close by and highly recommended seeing. Deadwood is about 40 miles north. Spearfish Canyon Highway (also very highly recommended) is near Deadwood.

Crooked Creek is not a bad park but we went with full hookups and were put in the tighter south section. We felt these sites were too close together. The northern full hookup area appears to be better. If you get there in their offseason and have Passport America, it's 50% off. In season they give PA 10% off. Good Sam also. The season begins June 1, so we had 4 nights at $16 and a week at $28.80 (full price is 32 in season).

The Mt. Rushmore KOA looks very nice, also. Not sure the price. It's less than 5 miles from Mt. Rushmore.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 05:12 PM   #5
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
That price in Crooked Creek sounds good. The Berry Patch goes for $35 a night. I am glad I get the montly rate ($375) that works out at $12.50 a night. But no cable. I had to put in a satellite dish.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:30 AM   #6
aljolleyjr
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #65
Thanks guys for the info. Our plans may change. We may leave the last of August because we have some renters in our rental house that I think will be moving out the 25th. of Sept. and I will definatley want to be there when that happens. Our plans for the rally are questionable but will do everything posible to be there, if not, I will notify of cancelation as soon as posible.
aljolleyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 04:57 AM   #7
Merv
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1001
another campground in the general area is the Spearfish City campground.
it is in a nice area and is close to shopping also.
i believe it is 23.00 a night with full hookups (water electric sewer and cable.
here is the site to check it out
http://www.city.spearfish.sd.us/campground.htm
we stay there every spring on our black hills trip
you may want to check it out
Merv
Merv is offline   Reply With Quote