Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2007, 02:00 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
First Annual South Padre Island MOC Parrrty....

Yes folks, it is very easy to get 10 Montana owners inside Ozz's rig!
No problem & we got cozy enough to get to know each other faster
After chatting a while, we headed down Padre Blvd to Blackbeard's. The streets are under construction, so it took a while. The city plans on having the dividers, landscaping and nice brick work done by Spring break in March. It will be pretty and good for the Island business I think.
We started out in the bar, cold Coronas and soda for some, our 15 minute wait flew by, as there was good conversation all around. The Chicken Fried Chicken and the Seafood Plate Al had was superb, and I think I can speak for the group in saying we all recommend Blackbeard's to you folks that may be coming down.
It was great to meet Al and Carol Stephens; Mr and Mrs Country Guy, Skip and Mary; Country Folks, John and Donna; Ontmont, and John and Marge; JLBOZ60. After lunch, Skip and Mary had to head back, Sue and I would have loved to spend more time getting to know them, (There's a good excuse to get back together) The rest of the unruly mob followed Sue and I to the beach, we were terrorized by Alfred Hitchcock's many extras, he hired to do one of his movies with Tippi Hedren, there were many photo's taken of them hovering above me while I fed them some Ruffle Potato chips. Carol thought it was great fun until she got a 'Deposit' from one. Right on the forehead.....
We retreated to the building that has some stinky fish and old turtle bones along with some interesting history for the area, a sea museum or something, there on the beach by the county campground.
The group retreated to Mission, and Sue and I came home and took a nap. A good day had by all.
There is digital evidence of this day that may surface.............

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:59 AM   #2
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Ozz has just about said it all, but I need to our thanks for his and Sue's hospitality in showing us around both their rig, and South Padre Island. Lots of opportunity for return visits along that "Yellow Brick Road" beteen Mission and Ozz. Sue and Jim are both very talented individuals and we look forward to seeing them again soon.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:29 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
We had a grand time, good meal, lots o laughs, fun friends, how much better could it get??

John and Marge asked me to post a couple of photos, so here ya go:

OK, sitting are: Al (Countryguy), Sue (Ozz's best half ), Carol (Mrs. Countryguy)

Standing left by the sign: Marge and John (JBOZ60)

Standing by the sign on the right: John and Donna (OntMont) and Mary and Skip (Countryfolks)

Next: Ozz and the birds (one of which insulted Carol with a deposit, they WERE cute till about then! )

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:50 AM   #4
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
We had a wonderful time, and both Ozz & Sue were great hosts. As OntMont said lots of opportunity for a return visit. Hope you enjoy the photos.... Marge
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:47 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
So good to see pictures of the gang! Sounds like you had a great day. Sorry about your experience, Carol. Yikes, that must have been awful! I guess the fun more than made up for it!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:45 AM   #6
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
You guys are having TOO much fun. I have got to get out of Alaska. I wonder if I could put skis on my Monty...Probably not, Hey, how about it Ozz? Will probably just have to wait until we thaw out.

Phil P.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:06 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Come on downnnnnnn.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote