Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Tri Lynx blocks

I contacted Tri-Lynx about our "lego" leveling blocks. They have continually degraded since we purchased them just about 3 years ago.

Tri-Lynx agreed that they should not show the wear that is evident and are sending me 2 new sets for free. Out of the original 20, I only have 11 left.

Nice that they are standing behind their product.

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
sfish
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10234
Iam glad to see the great customer service in the RV industry.I had a few problems this summer (air bed,converter,landing gear,dvd player) and I got replacements with no hassle, Iota sent me a new converter before they even checked the old one out.They said to ship the old one back with a prepaid label.I think that the power of the forum and the internet have helped change the way vendors do business especially if they want to stay in business.

Steve
sfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I still have all 20 of mine but many of them look like the pictures you show where they are whited out where the material has stretched from tension, some of the octagonal undersides have flared out and corners have separated like they are struggling to hold the weight they claim they can hold.

I have tried to be careful never to exceed more than 3 in a stack even when using them under the stabilizers that are hand tightened by me using a wrench.

I did not know they would consider replacing them. I bought my first set of 10 in 2002 for a travel trailer, then bought the second set for use with the Monty in '06. I didn't start having any problems until about 2008. The Monty has a GTW 5,000 heavier and thought this might have something to do with it. Your Big Sky is even heavier.

I'll have to take pictures and get in contact with them. Thanks for the hint.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Yeah...as said think your too h___y? I carry 2-4x4's bolted together, 1-2x8 to level and 2-wedges to chock wheels.
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:55 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I only use them to drive up on 2x10's that will support the whole footprint. The Lynx blocks do not support the entire foot print and can be detrimental to the tire's longevity. I'm not going to research this again. I found it on one of the tire manufacturer's web sites about a year ago.

Mine are showing signs of wear (white lines in strategic areas.)
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote