Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Great Lakes Region
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #1
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
MUST MAKE RESERVATIONS

I just left the office at millcreek rv and was told if we don't make all the reservations ahead of time in about 2 weeks they will start giving away the spots Emmel reserved ,, we can't just drive up and be in the group as they told me ,,sailer

sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Well if that's the case than I may have to back out. I have some personal problems that must and at all cost be worked out before I will be ready to make any reservation.
At this point I may have to return to Florida and the VA hospital. It may take a few weeks to iron out all the details and so the 2 week deadline will not work for us. And even if I do have to go back to Florida there is a very good possibility, but no guarantee, I can still make the rally
NO, I have no desire to make a reservation only to have to cancel it. Remember I owned a Motel for years and if anything peed me off it was someone making a res and shortly after canceling out. It is not the way I do business.

Emmel, As I know you will read this, you can take us off the Interested list. If things do change for the better you will be the first to know.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Hmmmm,Sailer,

Did you not report just the other day that you could have shot a gun off in that campground and not hit anyone?? Well, maybe that was during the week, NOT a weekend.

Hope to see ya all there, hope NONE of us need to cancell.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Hey John, suggest you PM Steve Emmel with specifics, who what where when type info and let Steve be the go-to guy on this matter. Am sure the park will be glad for any and all of us to show. Just my 2cents.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #5
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
I did PM Emmel and no response,, They told me in about 2 weeks so how do i know but the high time here is july augest but rite now there is so much room , but not all together,,, sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:15 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The two week thing is not unusual for a campground when dealing with a organization at has reserved a block of sites. Our local groups are required to advise the campground two weeks before the campout as to how many of the "block" we will actually use so the Campground can use the unused sites if needed. If not those site might go empty and that is not good for the campground. We usually require folks to firm up their reservations by two weeks before the rally, advise the campgrounds of that number so they can use the sites and notify folks that any one making rservations after that call the campgrpund on their own. We have not seen a full canpground for a year even in resort areas. The campground is no doubt doing their planning based on previous years///... Steve will work it out..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:07 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

The two week thing is not unusual for a campground when dealing with a organization at has reserved a block of sites. Our local groups are required to advise the campground two weeks before the campout as to how many of the "block" we will actually use so the Campground can use the unused sites if needed. If not those site might go empty and that is not good for the campground. We usually require folks to firm up their reservations by two weeks before the rally, advise the campgrounds of that number so they can use the sites and notify folks that any one making rservations after that call the campgrpund on their own. We have not seen a full canpground for a year even in resort areas. The campground is no doubt doing their planning based on previous years///... Steve will work it out..
"firm up their reservations by two weeks before the rally,"
I would not have a problem if we were "2 weeks" away from the rally. According to my calendar we are more like 5 weeks away.
AND we were there last year about the same time and the RV sites weren't half full. I don't see much improving this year.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:47 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
understand that Glenn. Perhaps a call to the C.G would clear it up. In normal times the C.G does not want to tie up blocks of sites hence the two week rule. These are not normal times. We are heading for a rally in the Morning with our FCRV group at a C.G we go to every year and they are still taking reservations from late comers in our block site area.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:39 AM   #9
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Ok, I've been at a cg without wi-fi, so I'm just now catching up.
When I called the cg to set this rally up, I was told they would open up the sites we did not have reserved at the end of June. That is why I posted a topic back in March as a reminder to get your reservations made!
However, it sounds like they will still have sites available if you are not sure you can make it or not.
I'd guess you would be able to get in even at the last minute.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote