Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Medic
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2009, 05:07 AM   #1
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Asprin - Heart Attack

Why have Aspirin by your bedside ?
ABOUT HEART ATTACKS

There are other symptoms of an heart attack besides the pain on the left arm. One must also be aware of an intense pain on the chin, as well as nausea and lots of sweating, however these symptoms may also occur less frequently.

NOTE: There may be no pain in the chest during an heart attack.
The majority of people (about 60%) who had an heart attack during their sleep, did not wake up. However, if it occurs, the chest pain may wake you up from your deep sleep.

If that happens, IMMEDIATELY DISSOLVE TWO ASPIRINS IN YOUR MOUTH and swallow them with a bit of water.
Afterwards, phone a neighbor or a family member who lives very close by and state "HEART ATTACK!!!" and that you have taken 2 ASPIRINS

Take a seat on a chair or sofa and wait for their arrival and .... DO NOT LIE DOWN !!!

TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE: LIVE, LAUGH AND ENJOY

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:18 AM   #2
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Thanks, John. We need these reminders!
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:22 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
On doctor's orders I take one 325mg asprin everyday of the week. Occasionally there are some of my meds I forget to take but never my asprin.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:36 AM   #4
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
John,

Good advice. As I have experienced a heart attack, I can attest that all heart attacks do NOT involve the "crushing" chest pain, NOR arm pain or chin/neck pain. My pain was just a strong indigestion feeling.

We were with good friends and had just set up at Top Sail Hill State park in Destin, Fl. when I had the strong indigestion. They gave me a couple of aspirin while my lovely wife went to the office and have them call 911. The state park staff were marvelous in assisting my wife and me.

When the EMTs arrived I informed them I had taken two aspirin. This was very important to them as they administered the 'nitro' to help ease my pain.

So, be alert that a heart attack pain can be in many different forms.
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #5
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Also women have been noted to have pain across the shoulder blades. Just FYI.....
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote