Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #181
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by seahunter

I may have missed it in the thread, but has anyone mentioned that Rich is actually a time traveler??

I know he wanted the best trailer he could get, but to actually devise a way to travel to 2025 to get his Big Sky is simply amazing!!

back to the future. It is the only way I could get a perfect RV by going to the future were the Chinese have purchased all the Rv manufacturers and introduced their work ethic
then travelling back with the product.....it did not work.

We gotta take a new picture.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #182
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Hey Rich, has your finish on the kitchen faucet rubbed off yet ? ours is almost all the way rubbed off, my wife does do alot of cooking and she does dishes alot but dang 5 months old and already about to get another faucet
Old 08-19-2012, 04:51 AM   #183
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Not yet Jim but will put that on our things to watch out for list. We have a service center appointment the 17th Of Sept before the rally and are working on a fix it list.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #184
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have a fair list of stupid workmanship issues for the service center and we can add the propane regulator failure.This Big sky has a build date of 5/3/2012 not yet 4 months old.It is a shame that these stupid shoddy workmanship issues overshadow a otherwise fine product.
One more thing. we know what properly adjusted slides sound like when going in and out...These slides sound lake a coffee grinder..
Old 08-30-2012, 06:33 AM   #185
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
Maybe if we all held off for 1 year and not bought a Montana they would get the hint and really try and fix some of their inexcusable sloppyness in building these trailers. All they are concerned about is volumn and not quality.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #186
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
They have got to know.Don't know how many times we have talked to a service center tech or a Keystone exec about a problem and they will say.." we never heard that" We talk and complain on these forums but that is the wrong place to get the message across.we need to send evey post about workmanship issues to Keystone. There is a place on the keystone web site to do that.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #187
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
You should also be getting (at least I did), a questionnaire in the mail from Keystone as a new buyer of a Keystone product. It is a two-page form asking for feedback. I think that is a good way to communicate this, and a plus for Keystone for sending it out to a new buyer.
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:34 AM   #188
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Quote:

You should also be getting (at least I did), a questionaire in the mail from Keystone as a new buyer of a Keystone product. It is a two-page form asking for feedback. I think that is a good way to communicate this, and a plus from Keystone for sending it out to a new buyer.
I have never seen or received a questionnaire like you mentioned. It probably would have been fun to fill out though!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #189
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
haven't got it but can't wait.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #190
ka9vrx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6140
Quote:

You should also be getting (at least I did), a questionnaire in the mail from Keystone as a new buyer of a Keystone product. It is a two-page form asking for feedback. I think that is a good way to communicate this, and a plus for Keystone for sending it out to a new buyer.
We bought a new one last fall and never got one of the questioniers either. Maybe they just send out to a few select ones and thats it.
Donna
Old 09-07-2012, 04:48 AM   #191
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Observations..On this camping trip that pretty wallpaper liner around the stove fell off while Helen was cooking ,just peeled away from the wall.Heat resistant glue...no..low cost paper...maybe..bad place to put wallpaper..could be. When the fan is on in blows the fire around, looks like it it trying to suck the fire out the exhaust vent and actually takes heat away from the fire.....

The boom was well tested this trip.The sewer was way in back of the camper.Did the boom swing back far enough.....yes..will it stay there .......no. Solution tie down wrap around the boom and attach it to the level up leg to keep it back. We needed about 30 feet of hose.Is there 30 feet of hose in the boom.....no.. remember the storage space in the rear fender...It is gone.Where to store the stinky hose....????? In the compartment..that is a good place to store smelly sewer hose.???? Buy a storage box and keep it in the rear of the truck or take up space in the compartments. How about a tube under the camper..that is a good idea..why did Keystone not think of that.. Oh well..as usual we can make it work.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:16 AM   #192
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
We purchased second Montana last November and did not get questionare either.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #193
oldelmer1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10758
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Where to store the stinky hose....????? In the compartment..that is a good place to store smelly sewer hose.????
Hi Rich & Helen,

What we did to carry the extra stinky hose was to get a trash basket from Walmart, one of the flimsy cheapo ones and lodge it in front of our propane tanks. It stays in place cause it real flimsy and we put our hose ends in the drivers side and extra hose in the passenger side compartments. I did mount a 6" PVC post cover on the frame for the hose we always use. Cut some holes into the end caps and glued screen over the holes to keep the bugs out.
oldelmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #194
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
BUMMER!just had our first major problems with the new Monty Rich, But I will not blame Keystone for these problems ,Our Norclold fridge went down for the count and then the Toilet broke big time, lever busted off then the ball would not close and it let the water run all over the floor good thing we caught it within 10 min and were able to catch it before it went all the way down the stairs THANK GOODNESS FOR THE WARRANTY!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2012, 05:12 AM   #195
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Understand what you are saying..BUt..those vendors were selected by Keystone and keystone is responsible for the quality. Now when our Shackle bolts came loose on our 06 3400 and caused the axle to shift and ruined two tires...That was MY fault as I did not follow the manufactures maint schedule.
When something on you truck breaks you take it to the manufacturer not the vendor.
we also got the cheepy storage bin and put the tube under the camper..But what was wrong with the door in the rear of the camper to store extra hose. I am going to try to have one installed and painted in Goshen.If this thing was not full body paint I would have already put the rear door in.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:21 AM   #196
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Send a message via MSN to grayghost03
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Understand what you are saying..BUt..those vendors were selected by Keystone and keystone is responsible for the quality. Now when our Shackle bolts came loose on our 06 3400 and caused the axle to shift and ruined two tires...That was MY fault as I did not follow the manufactures maint schedule.
When something on you truck breaks you take it to the manufacturer not the vendor.
we also got the cheepy storage bin and put the tube under the camper..But what was wrong with the door in the rear of the camper to store extra hose. I am going to try to have one installed and painted in Goshen.If this thing was not full body paint I would have already put the rear door in.
Sorry Rich, you are wrong, when the truck breaks, you take it to the dealer, the manufacture, won't even talk to you, try calling Detroit, Mexico or Canada, and you will hear, "take it to your dealer" the dealer is responsible for correction of warranty work, be it manufacturing defect, recall, or poor workmanship.
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #197
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Yeah,we have to take it to the dealer which is 40 miles away and we are full timers and have to leave it there till they fix it ,how ever long that will take,they will not send out a mobile mechanic to us because they might have to take the fridge out AND anyway it would cost us 100.00 for them to come out to us good thing my parents live close by for us to have a place to crash
Old 09-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #198
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Send a message via MSN to grayghost03
I feel your pain bigsky. I see alot of post on problems, but very few post on who are and are not the good dealers (one continuous thread actually)nd by good dealer I mean not only service but parts(refrigerator) inventory, that is as important to someone like you, so you don't have to wait days(weeks) of delivery. We are lucky, our dealer is close and does house calls and has a pretty substantial parts inventory. It is just the fact that alot of the people don't understand, that your refrigerator problem was know to Keystone when it hit the dealer. Keystone is aware of every warranty issue that goes to the dealer, they, through the work order process approve the work or the dealer doesn't get paid. If someone calls Keystone and are told "never heard of that problem before" they are talking to someone that is new or are being lied to. Do the manufactures review these forums, you can bet your fanny they do. As long as they sell the units that are manufacture, complaints are an exceptable part of the business, not to us, but to their bottom line. Hope they get you on the road soon, happy travels.
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #199
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
First of all CONGRATULATIONS to Rich & Helen on the beautiful new rig! We just purchased a 2013 3100RL and overall we are happy with our rig, despite the BIG and small issues. We agree that the quality control is not there. My husband is outside right now checking on all of the things mentioned on this post. We have ordered the struts for the cabinet above the stove (I am lucky and only have 1 that is an issue), he is checking the headboard, the lug nuts, the u bolts on the axles. Our slides are fairly quiet going in and out and then the hydraulic system makes a funny noise when it is done.

We just found part of the linoleum floor in the kitchen is bubbled like it is missing some adhesive. Our wallpaper trim came down above the stove too. They probably shouldn't put any up there. For those of us who actually 'cook' in our kitchen and not reheat we really should have a backsplash of some sort. I am thinking of putting a piece of stainless steel up there for easy cleaning and safety. I have added that to our to do list.

I am also frustrated, and maybe this is just me, that they foam some holes on the bottom of the rig but leave other holes nearby open for mice and other critters. At Fishing Bridge we had chipmunks trying to get in via the tires(axles).

I was always taught - 'No matter how much you are getting paid, a job worth doing is worth doing well!' I guess that is not what most RV builders believe in. Let's hope for some improvement.
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #200
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Come on Grayghost you know I did not mean that we should drive the truck to the factory in Detroit or Canada. we take our truck to a FORD dealer. the point is the manufacturer(ford) is responsible for all the vendors that supply Ford and the quality of the product.Same with Keystone.

Busy Carol look under the bathroom sink. We can see down into the compartment through the holes the pipes go through the floor.

yes keystone has a data base of all warranty repaires.Give them your VIN and they will tell you of every repair done under warranty.They do not have a record of your toliet seat falling off or the wallpaper peeling off the stove wall or rusting lug nuts after two months. That is why every issue we now have will be repaired under warranty..no matter how small.