Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2007, 08:02 AM   #1
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Gone With the Wind--Continued

Having lost both the sewer compartment door and the (Winegard) antenna to Nebraska winds, we are still trying to get replacement under warranty. Has anyone had either of these two items replaced under warranty by either Keystone and/or Winegard? Thanks in advance!

Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:07 AM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Do you mean replaced under an insurance claim? I don't think there is a high wind warranty, but you what happens when one gets to "thinkin".
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I think you dealer should replace them, as it appears that they were installed, or were not secured correctly; '07 Monte.
I would just ask for replacements.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:39 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Yes I have but not because they were blown off by the wind. The sewer compartment door came open because it has no lock and broke off. I got a replacement through my dealer..then Installed a lock so it will not fall open again... I got a new antenna from Wineguard because the amplfier was bad causing interference on the TV. Perhaps it is how you present the problem..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:02 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Wind damage would be an insurance claim just like it would be for your stick house. Unless there is a demonstratable error in the fabrication of the unit, it would not be a warranty issue. When I had my blow out costing $3000 in repairs, it was an insurance claim, not a warranty claim. High wind damage would fall into the same category.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:03 AM   #6
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Warranty work is currently being undertaken with RV America in Denver who thus far seem to be reliable and competent. They took photos of the damaged sewer compartment and the antenna (which had bent up again on the 20 mile trip from storage) and sent them to Team Montana. Team Montana agreed that the work should be done under warranty (we already had the antenna and hold down device which Winegard had sent so RV America installed them). Additionally, Team Montana agreed that a non-functional window needed to be replaced and that whatever repairs to or replacement of the landing gear was required should be done (the gear refused to retract--fuse and battery just fine, still under investigation).

We are MOST grateful to Team Montana for finding a dealer willing to work on a Montana which was not purchased from them. RV America has been professional in every way. And of course, we are delighted that Keystone and Team Montana continue to provide the customer service which was one of the reasons we purchased the '07 3400RL, our second Montana.

Just as an FYI for Denver residents: Ketelsen Campers in Denver (a wonderful dealership, sales AND service, from whom we bought our Coleman pop-up in the early 90's) will, according to their service manager, service other Keystone products but not Montanas.

Hope to see you all down the road.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:12 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Yeaaaa, glad they came through for you.
See you on the road.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
There might be a reason why they don't take of Montanas. There is in Hiawatha Ia Kettelsen's and they are brothers. Both are both excellent dealers.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:58 PM   #9
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Bill,

That is really strange about Ketlesen! The brother owns the store in Iowa and they SELL Montana! http://www.ketelsenrv.com/default.asp

Oh well, glad your getting the items fixed. We're off to our western slope dealer in a month to get the counter replaced.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:02 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
If you end up buying the sewer compartment door yourself, you probably won't find it by that name in CW or other rv dealers. However, it's the same door used for an outside shower. In fact, on the inside it says something about shower.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote