Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2007, 06:01 AM   #1
Koerb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6445
3400RLThermostat Question

Just had my (nothing but problems) remote thermostat replace with the updated wall mounted unit, we've taken the RV out for the weekend and already have a question. We're finding the time between the furnance shuting down and coming back on is less than 5 minutes in some case and seems to be running most of the night! We're keeping the thermostat set at 65 with the outside temp. hovering around 40 - 45. Does this seem right? Even the remote thermostat didn't kick on that much to maintain a even temp. Am I missing something? Thanks for any advise in this matter.

John K

Koerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:30 AM   #2
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
I'm not too sure of where the thermostat is in relation to the heat ducts in your unit, but if the heat vent is blowing onto the thermostat, that would explain it. You may need a deflector (or you could try just covering that vent, at least to test the theory). You might also try running the ceiling fan to distribute the heat better.

Otherwise, it could just be that you need that much heat, especially if it is windy as well as cold. Look for cold air leaks around the plumbing and electrical service holes in the floor.

Ours runs quite a bit at those temperatures, but I don't think is usually that often.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:31 AM   #3
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
Our 2955 does the same thing. Does yours have a heater outlet right below the wall mounted thermostat?

If it does block it off and the heater will cycle much slower.

MuddyPaws
MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 11:03 AM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
I just remembered, I think there is a setting somewhere in the Comfort Control Center set up for thermostat sensitivity. You may want to see if you can find and adjust that.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:54 AM   #5
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
We have been having the same problem with our Comfort Control wall mount unit. We found that a vent located on the step up into the bedroom area was oriented to flow the air up and direct line with the thermostat. We changed the air deflection and it did help some but I still the unit short cycles too much. I would be most interested in finding a sensitivity adjustment. If I can find one I will post the information. If anyone else finds something on this I am sure it would be most appreciated.
wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:07 AM   #6
timothy
Established Member

M.O.C. #6723
I just spent the first week-end in our 07 3600re. I too noticed about every 5 minutes.
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:18 PM   #7
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Best thing to do is to replace the thing. That is what we did as well as many 3400 owners. Keystone will replace if you insist. Do a search on the MOC forum and you will see many success stories as well as step by step process to acquire and install the Comfort Control Center (CCC). Good luck.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote