Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
One More Hurdle.......

Well we are now officially "full-timers" we closed on our sticks & bricks yesterday! We have been living full time in our Monty since last Tuesday. We are exhausted but we made it...got rid of our stuff moved what we thought we would need to the Monty....but think we will have to do one more weeding out before we hit the road.

I am still recovering from my rotator cuff surgery, it went well I have recovered almost complete range....have a couple of weeks of therapy for strength building and then back to work for 2 weeks to train my replacement and then I will be offically "RETIRED". I want to thank all of you MOC'ers for you encouragement on the surgery and recovery took your advice and it's worked out great. Doctor said I was doing AWESOME and got more range of motion than he expected.
Deemed surgery a complete success!

So we are expecting to hit the road mid-August if all goes as planned.
We will be heading to South Dakota for driver's licenses and then to Goshen.... We bring the Monty to dealer on Tuesday for maintenance, adjustment to refrig doors ( out of alignment) and installation of washer and dryer. Whew!!!!!

Looking forward to the Rally and to meeting all of you....

Paul and I thank you for all your encouragement, advice and help along the way.

Betty

pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Congratulations. Now is the time to really enjoy yourself. Happy trails. See you in Goshen.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Congratulations! Hope all goes well for you both and that your travels are happy and safe.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
We look forward to meeting you in Goshen. Safe travels.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Betty,
Good information to hear. The retirement and the surgery.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
herewegotogether
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9367
Congradulations! My last day at work is July 23rd. We pick up our Monty on Aug 16 and will be heading out of Green Bay to Minn., Bismarck ND and than to SD to license the Monty. We will also be attending the fall rally can't wait to get going. We already have our DL's, it is very easy to get them make sure you let them know that you are a FT RVer. One word of knowledge when registering your Truck and Monty you will need an instate checking account with Name address and Phone number printed on them or cash. The dept of Motor vehicles does not take out of state checks nor do they take CC. We did not know this when we registered our truck after getting our DL's. You have to go to the county treasurers office to register you truck and trailer. The staff is very friendly but their hands are tied when it comes to the type of payment they can accept.

Bill and Laurie
herewegotogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Great to hear your surgery went well and your plans are nearing completion. Happy RVing..........
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:59 PM   #8
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
Did not know about a SD bank requirement, we have our SD address on our checks from USAA bank is that not good enough or do we really need to open a SD bank account? Can someone advise?

Thanks for the heads up Bill & Laurie and look forward to seeing you in Goshen.

Betty & Paul
pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:46 AM   #9
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
We also are on our way to SD to register. Would be intersted in the same question of banking. Also have SD address on our checks.

Thanks for asking the question!!! Looking forward to meeting you in Goshen. We were there last year as first timers and it is great! You are in for a good time and lots of learning (if you wish).
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #10
herewegotogether
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9367
You can call the county treasurers office they will tell you if they will accept the checks or if you need to have cash or a cashiers check. They are very friendly when you talk to them on the phone.
The Treassurers phone number in Sioux Falls is 605-367-4212.

Hope this helps.

See you in Goshen

Bill and Laurie
herewegotogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, Betty!

No out of state checks are accepted at the county treasurer's office in Minnehaha County. They will take a cashiers check, money order, or credit card. There is a fee for using the credit card. If I recall, it's $5. They used to not take CC but they have the past couple of years. We do all our renewals and registrations of traded vehicles by online and mail and they take the credit card. In 2002 when we first registered they did not but they do now.
--on edit-- here's a link to faqs about the payment methods.
http://www.minnehahacounty.org/dept/tr/faqs/faqs.aspx

I'm not sure if they will even take a check from a SD bank so if that's the plan, be sure to call and ask them.

We still have our bank in Topeka, KS. All our checks have our SD address but a Kansas bank. It's considered an out of state check by the county treasurer and is thus not accepted by them. Nobody else has ever had a problem with it.

I hope you enjoy the fulltiming. If yours goes anything like ours, you'll start out in "vacation mode" where you go go go and start to get tired. Then you figure out this is your life, it's not a vacation. You need days off. You need laundry and cleaning and shopping days. You will do sightseeing some days and sometimes just need a day to be retired. Doing nothing. And you can do that. The key for us was to figure that out and adapt before it wore us out. Our fulltiming life has evolved. We just spend four weeks on the Oregon coast, one week in each of four destinations. And it seemed to us like we're rushing it. In any case, enjoy!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:13 PM   #12
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We had no problem using our Check Card (Visa) when we registered. We did all the vehicle registering thru AR when we started and now do it through the internet. I think we paid cash for our DL. You do not need a SD bank.
Happy Trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:17 PM   #13
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! AND, WELCOME TO THE FULLTIMERS CLUB!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote