Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2019, 04:06 AM   #21
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
I added a gravity feed transfer tank to get more range when towing. The fuel in the aux tank is used first so is always fresher than the main tank. I usually don't fill the aux tank when not hauling but will if I catch a great price. I use the same additives as in the main tank, None. I doubt I will ever have fuel that is anywhere near a year old.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:24 AM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We considered an aux fuel tank when we started our long time RV adventure but we found that our kidneys needed emptied more frequently than our diesel tanks needed filled. We have never in all our travels had a problem in acquiring diesel when we needed it. We are not into long distance towing and seldom do 300 miles a day. The aux fuel tank was for us a expense that was not justified. We normally fuel at truck stops FJ/ Pilot being primary and have always been able to find one for fuel, stretch , food, etc. We are fortunate to be retired and have plenty of time to get to where we are going and at times do not know were we are going except for a general direction .
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:01 AM   #23
margerush
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20713
We have a 50 gal aux transfer flow tank in the bed of our truck. When not pulling the Monty & need fuel, we fill the auxiliary tank (not the main tank). The aux tank automatically fills main tank. The only time we used a biocide was when we first installed the aux tank, per the dealers recommendations to get any unwanted stuff out of the tank. The fuel gets sloshed around when driving the truck, we haven't had a problem in 3 yrs.
Toad: 2017 Jeep Wrangler
margerush is offline   Reply With Quote