Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2012, 05:32 AM   #1
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
Decals again

Sent an email to Robyn Hakes at Keystone/Montana HQ and asked what Decals were available for our 2006 3400RL and what the prices would be. In return she sent me pictures of two different models of 5th wheels, one with a rear door with the darker brown decals and then a 3400RL with the blue decals. Each picture had the decal number for the right and left side. The decals for the 3400RL were the right shape but were for the earlier 3400RL's since they had the bluish tone. So I asked again for the right part numbers for our decals. Her only response was the two styles she sent me were the only ones available. She would never say that the brown versions were not available for the late 2006 3400RL. I just finally gave up. Have other Montana owners run into the fact that there are no brown versions(late 2006) of the 3400RL decals available?

Desert RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Although it’s more expensive, the dealer might be the best and only way to order the correct ones. Keystone helped me out with my first replacements on the front last year but this year they refused to help anymore when I told them I had issues on the side graphics. They indicated that it was due to fact that the Montana was now 5 years old and they had to draw the line somewhere.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I (and apparently many others judging from the lack of response) are confused.

AFAIK there was only one color of brown decals. You seem to imply there are two ( darker brown and brown). What year did Montana change the shades of brown decals?

AFAIK the major decals are the same for a year regardless of the model (rear kitchen models may have a unique small decal). So if the picture was "one with a rear door with the darker brown decals" it doesn't really matter what model it was. Are the color and shape correct?

Finally, after all the complaints about decals over the last four years and considering how many sets of decals Keystone replaced, it wouldn't surprise me at all to find there are no decals left. I know many members have had to accept decals different from their originals due to the shortage.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #4
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
I didn't mean to imply there were two different versions of the brown decals. My mistake. As I recall the change from the bluish decals to the brown decals was in or about 2006. May have been the beginning of model year 2006.

Here are the only two different decal sets that are available per Robyn Hakes that would need to be ordered only through a Montana dealer:

http://s1275.beta.photobucket.com/us...ibrary/montana

Notice they are quite different.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
we we advised that a complete set of decals were not available for the 06 34000 from Keystone or Burlington Graphics. At the time about one year ago the service center said that some partial graphics may be in stock and to advise them which ones we needed. My solution with the help of the service center would have been to get a set of graphics for a later model 3400.I think a 09 or 10 model as the graphics covered very well with little "shadow.

we never did that as we decided to purchase a new 3402 instead but it would have worked.. We did post that on the forum at the time.It was about the time of the 2011 Fall rally..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #6
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
So try ordering the brown decals you need. Don't let the image of the 2955RL (the only Montana with a rear door) throw you. They use the same decals in the same locations on *ALL* models. If there is a door, window or obstacle in the way you just cut the decal to fit.

It will be interesting to see what they actually have available.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #7
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Carl n Susan

So try ordering the brown decals you need. Don't let the image of the 2955RL (the only Montana with a rear door) throw you. They use the same decals in the same locations on *ALL* models. If there is a door, window or obstacle in the way you just cut the decal to fit.

It will be interesting to see what they actually have available.
I would really like to know how you come to the conclusion that the brown decal images on the 2955RL are the same as the bluish images shown on the 3400RL? I see them as being entirely different!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #8
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Desert RVer
I would really like to know how you come to the conclusion that the brown decal images on the 2955RL are the same as the bluish images shown on the 3400RL? I see them as being entirely different!
Excuse me! What gave you the idea I think blue decals are the same as brown decals??? I am not color blind or oblivious to completely different shapes. I didn't write anything saying the two images were the same. I did ask if you have brown decals and if there was two different shades of brown used. AFAIK there was only one shade of brown used and you confirmed it. So my suggestion was to order the *BROWN* decals you need.

The 5th wheel silhouette used as background for the decals is irrelevant to the decals. But for your information, the RV with the blue decals (which go on a 2005 and early 2006 Montanas) is *NOT* a 3400. Notice the refrigerator vents in the curb-side slide. A 3400 has its refer vents on the street-side slide out. The silhouette used for the blue decals is more likely a 2980. The brown decal trailer pictured is a 2955.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #9
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
Quote:

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Desert RVer
Excuse me! What gave you the idea I think blue decals are the same as brown decals??? I am not color blind or oblivious to completely different shapes. I didn't write anything saying the two images were the same. I did ask if you have brown decals and if there was two different shades of brown used. AFAIK there was only one shade of brown used and you confirmed it. So my suggestion was to order the *BROWN* decals you need.

The 5th wheel silhouette used as background for the decals is irrelevant to the decals. But for your information, the RV with the blue decals (which go on a 2005 and early 2006 Montanas) is *NOT* a 3400. Notice the refrigerator vents in the curb-side slide. A 3400 has its refer vents on the street-side slide out. The silhouette used for the blue decals is more likely a 2980. The brown decal trailer pictured is a 2955.
OK, we are having a serious communication issue. What part number would you use to order brown decals that are shown on the 5th wheel with the blue decals? Those are the images that match our 3400RL.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #10
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Are you saying you have brown decals but they are in the shape/design of the blue ones? Do you have a picture you can post of your rig?

Obviously there isn't a part number offered which matches what you want. But then again, I have never seen brown decals in the mountain/clouds/sun format as shown in blue.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:39 AM   #11
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
Quote:

Are you saying you have brown decals but they are in the shape/design of the blue ones? Do you have a picture you can post of your rig?

Obviously there isn't a part number offered which matches what you want. But then again, I have never seen brown decals in the mountain/clouds/sun format as shown in blue.
Yes, I am.