Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2017, 09:22 AM   #1
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Photo Program Advice

I have been using Photobucket as my picture program but I am sick and tired of it not working or really slow to load up. Not sure what they have done to this program but it sucks now!!

Any suggestions on a different and more reliable picture program to use?

PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:07 AM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Looking forward to this one. I have used photobucket for a long time. But like you, the last few months have been very aggravating. Just about every time I click on something, a pop up ad appears that I must close before proceeding.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:10 AM   #3
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
I figure, for a free service, it works pretty good, even if it's a little slow at times.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:48 AM   #4
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I just noticed a problem in the last few days that my pics will not show up on my posts here from photobucket so I went to my Photobucket Page itself and they still will not show up so I am thinking it is a photobucket problem for sure
Old 01-16-2017, 03:55 PM   #5
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Try Picasa 3 it's free and works great
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:40 AM   #6
Webbyone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12647
To my knowledge, Picasa is no longer available. On line OR to download. As those of us know that enjoyed Picasa, there were two formats. One to download and use on our computers, good for editing and such. I don't think you can find the Picasa to download any longer. The other Picasa was online storage. That has now been replaced by Google, I believe they call it Photos. You need a gmail account and the Photos and Calendars and other utilities come free. I use it, adjusting, not particularly fond of the interface, but, Picasa is not coming back to my knowledge. There are other storage places online, but, beware, they each interact differently with all the other web sites we use. What may work on Blogger may not work well on Facebook, as examples.
Webbyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:37 AM   #7
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
So which program does the Forum recommend?

If there aren't any good ones to use, then can the MOC Forum be changed so we can load our pictures right from our own computers as a lot of the other forums do? Would make things a lot easier and remove a lot of confusion to many members here.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:13 PM   #8
Webbyone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12647
No recommendation.

Photo bucket has been problematic for some time here, especially in signature lines, and that has been discussed a time or two.

Picasa, now Google Photos has worked fairly well, to my knowledge.

Your requests are noted.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:12 PM   #9
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Photobucket has even loaded a virus into my computer and I had to have a tech clean out my entire computer and reload windows and the other programs I had in there. I wasn't sure, at the time, it was Photobucket that caused the problems and it did it again to my machine when I was trying to load some pictures of the Fall Rally for the MOC website. This time I had to replace the whole computer!! Was not happy about that for sure!

Webmaster: Thanks for your replies and info. Maybe on the next update to the MOC Forum allowing us to load pictures directly from our computers can be incorporated. You guys do a great job here and I for one really do appreciate it a lot!

If anyone else has any recommendations for a picture program please post it here for us!
Old 01-19-2017, 05:14 AM   #10
Webbyone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12647
Bummer on the computer. Phooey to Photobucket.

I will be using Google Photos, for now. As all things computer and internet rarely stay the same, I always reserve the option to change my mind and go elsewhere.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:07 PM   #11
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
I finally got tired of all the problems with Photobucket, too, and went to Tinypic. Working great so far.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:57 AM   #12
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Thanx scattershot for the Tinypic suggestion it works GREAT
Old 01-20-2017, 12:37 PM   #13
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
I was thinking about going to Tinypic but found out they are part of Photobucket. Wasn't sure if it would have the same problems. Will be interested on how it works for you guys. Just wish I could get all of my pictures off of photobucket now!

I went to Google Photos but can not figure out how to find the links to paste the address (the img link) for pictures here.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:21 PM   #14
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
You first had the pics in your computer first before you put them in photobucket and hopefully they are still there and did not remove them and then you just have to get Photobucket off your computer which I found out was not as simple as just removing the program in you add/remove section you HAVE to Cancel your account on Photobucket to get rid of it and they said it takes 48 hours to take effect
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PackerFan

I was thinking about going to Tinypic but found out they are part of Photobucket. Wasn't sure if it would have the same problems. Will be interested on how it works for you guys. Just wish I could get all of my pictures off of photobucket now!

I went to Google Photos but can not figure out how to find the links to paste the address (the img link) for pictures here.