Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2016, 03:34 PM   #21
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Are ya sure what Dump valves we are talking about are bad99ram? I have never seen a whisper air with dump valves
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bad99ram

I have a 2016 with the Whisper air and there is dump valves on both air conditioners

Old 07-29-2016, 04:54 PM   #22
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
bigskyjimmy ... you're late to this party ... read six replies up from your reply ... HA!
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:27 PM   #23
jameswbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18658
I am not sure what you are talking about with the floor vents and loss of cooling. I can detect no air going into or coming from the floor vent or stairs. How do you tell?
In my #375FL I have a blizzard NXT and a Penguin II that cannot keep the coach cool. Keytone refused to pay any warranty dealer to fix it if it can cool a miserable 15 degrees. I can see that neither AC are installed by Dometic specs. I would never buy a coach if they advertised only a 15 degree cooling system.
jameswbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:01 AM   #24
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
James ... many of us have bought the metal floor vents that close like in mobile homes. Alternately we've bought the magnetic vent covers to lay over the floor vents. The floor vents go right back to the furnace and the furnace just sits in a big space that shares your storage area and also is not sealed into the underbelly. Thats why your storage compartment is always cool when your A/C is running. Here's an old post of mine ... I's imagine Keystone has not changed the design of the dropped frame since 2011.http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...rms=Insulation
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:50 AM   #25
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
OOOOPPPPSIE Daisy......NEVERMIND
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dieselguy

bigskyjimmy ... you're late to this party ... read six replies up from your reply ... HA!
Old 08-11-2016, 05:02 AM   #26
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
On forecasted Hot Humid Days first thing I do in the AM is turn Fan from auto to high!
It really helps!
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:53 AM   #27
jameswbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18658
Thanks for the info on the basement. In my literature it states that the basement plumbing etc can withstand zero degree temps so I though it was sealed. I can find no evidence of cold air or warm air coming out from the two vent steps or the floor registers. I am very experienced with replacing all registers with closing ones in my last RV. I removed the step grilles and could not see the heater as it was hidden by a piece of carpet that was not supposed to be there. Someone forgot to trim it so the air would return to the furnace. Is there any kind of smoke test or air intrusion test anyone has done on a High Country to identify where the leaks into the basement are? I did actually get an off the record comment from Keystone that "well their cold air testing was done indoor with no wind and it may not be indicative of having the coach outside in the cold and wind". So I guess I need to further investigate sealing the belly of the beast.
jameswbarton is offline   Reply With Quote