Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2007, 06:59 AM   #1
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
Changing a Splendide

Has anyone changed a non vented Splendide to vented? I was wondering if possible and what would it involve? The price is right[FREE] but a few years old and has been sitting.

hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:08 AM   #2
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Since the price is right for the for the w/d, it would be worth trying to convert it. First, I would set the unit up outside and try it out, make sure it still works. If you remove the housing, (back and sides) you can probably see what there is to work with. I would assume the non vented models vent out at the front bottom area. You should be able to reroute the vent to the vented location which is the top left back corner.

I installed a vented model in our 3075 a couple of weeks ago and also put in a drip pan in case of a leak.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:53 PM   #3
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
I have an unvented Splendide (Bendix) and I think it would be quite an ordeal to change it to a vented model. The unvented model does not vent at all, rather the heated air is pushed through a water cooled coil that condenses the moisture from the air and pumps it out through the drain. The cooled air from the coil is then reheated and sent through the clothes again. Changing this system would reqire a major retrofit with new air intakes and vents to exhaust to the outside. You might do better to sale the unvented washer/dryer and put the money toward a new vented one. Or maybe since the price is right, try the unvented one out to see if it works for you. We got ours free from a guy who wanted it removed from his motorhome since he wanted to reclaim the space it used. If I purchased a new one I would probably go for a vented, but with keeping the size of the loads down we have been pleased with this one. YMMV
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:56 PM   #4
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
Thanks for the replys. I think I will pass on getting it. Fultimedreamer said like I figured it would be. We installed a freezer where the washer would be and she likes that much better then the washer.Thanks again.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote