Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2018, 06:48 AM   #1
Castner's
Established Member

M.O.C. #19693
Montana 3791RD

Hi all! We have a 2017 Montana 3791RD. Wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their Atwood Furnace igniting after it rains? We did notice this problem as it hasn't rained for a while until just prior to leaving for Florida like we always do in October. I went out to the RV to turn the heat on for my wife and the furnace would lite and then go right off. Each time I tried to lite it, it would run just a little bit longer and then it would finally stay lit. Never thought anymore about it as it would lite and run perfect after that. After we got to Florida as we are snowbirds, it has rained several times. After one of the rains, the next day the temperature was pretty cold so we turned the furnace on. Again it would lite and shut off. I said to my wife that I bet it has something to do with the rain. I went outside and pulled the black cover off of the furnace and saw that there was water laying on the bottom of the metal box for the furnace blower. I looked in and saw a puddle of water and what appeared to be water dripping from the gas feed. Upon looking at the back of the panel cover door, the black rubber seal appeared to be wet on the top section and water has run down it. Here water got in and would not allow the flame to ignite until the water was gone, then it would run fine. Has anyone had a problem with this and how did they fix it? Do I need to purchase a new door or what? Need the furnace on some nights as it can get cold in Florida during the night.

Castner's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:30 PM   #2
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Have not had that problem with our 2018.5 3791RD but have read of many others that have on earlier years.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote