Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
mont
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8179
kissimmee

Wife and I would like to stay at Lake kissimmee s p any info about the site,s would be helpful planning on going in march thanks

mont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:17 PM   #2
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
We went to Lake Kissimmee March of 08. We stayed at a campground that pictured it was on the lake. It actually had a canal to get to the lake. It was next to Lake Kissimmee State Park that was nicer than the campground we stayed in at double the price. If we went again we would stay at the state park. Some of the sites where a little tight, we walked through and I think we marked the ones we where comfortable to get into. We have a 2955RL 2 slides. It measures around 33 ft. The state park does fill up on weekends quickly as we tried to move to it but could not get in. So you need to reserve ahead of time. The state park won some award for the best state campground and it is really nice. It is however out in the country.... You have to like being out that far on vacation. The cell phone service is limited. A lot of times can not get a signal. Let me know if I can be of any help. I did do some fishing, I did like the lake. St. Park also had a canal to go out to the lake, and a fishing dock. It ran about $25.00 a night, no sewer hookups. In our planning stage we where going to stay there but chose the private one due to sewer hookups. The private campground was in the open with no trees etc. We where disappointed after seeing how niced the State Campground was that we chose the private one. I really can not say enough good about the St.Campground, it was really nice, wooded, very private, but off the beaten path. Depends on what you like and want to do. We where hopeful to go from Disney and back but was 1-1/5 hours with traffic. We ended up fishing and moved to Lake Magic in Clermont and did Disney.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote