Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2004, 01:11 PM   #1
Montana_1615

M.O.C. #1615
Montana Mountaineer Quality Control

After reading thru 5 pages of quite disturbing customer issues, I'm going to add mine. Our new M'neer 318BH is our 4th camper. Coachmen, Wildnerness, Wildwood and now Montana. Can remember only 1 problem with each with preceding rv's. Now, after 1st trip out, our M'neer is already sitting at the dealer's lot with 8 various problems. Yes, some of these track back to the individual supplier but isn't it the responsibility of the manufacturer to determine whether or not quality exists in the product? and if not, seek out another supplier! We purchased our M'neer because of what we thought was superior quality for the money. So far, it's been a fairy tale. My brother-law's Cardinal looks better every day but we loved the layout, space and what we thought was good craftsmanship with our new rv. We'll see what we've got after our next trip out.

Montana_1615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 06:55 AM   #2
Montana_593
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #593
GorCon Sorry to hear about the problems with your Mountaineer. For what it is worth, we have had our 315RLS about 6 months and have had very few problems and believe me, as a result of the postings on this site I really looked. I did have a problem with the tv shelf in the bedroom which the dealer promptly fixed. We bought our Mountaineer for some of the same reasons you did and we are very happy with it. Maybe the guy who installed your cabinet was just having a bad day. Hope the service overcomes your frustrations.

Good Luck
Montana_593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 07:38 AM   #3
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Well that doesn't make you happy I'm sure to get that brand new unit and have problems. When you say you took it back for 8 problems were they minor problems or were they major things? Even with a stick-built home you are going to have some problems and since these units are being pulled down roads that are bumpy, stoping and starting frequently and the ocassional curb gets in the way you are bound to have things that need to be fixed. Do you know how many times Mike or are are fixing something around our house? With the kind of money we spent on it it should be perfect but that's a fact of life.

I'm not saying that Keystone shouldn't have a better quality control process but with anything you are bound to have some problems with is sometime or another.

We paid more for our truck than we did for our 5er and have had the truck back to the shop 3 times for MAJOR stuff (anti-lock brakes went out, 2 recalls) but the 5er hasn't. You never know what you are going to get, mine is great and yours could turn our to be a lemon, just luck of the draw.

Good luck, I hope these are the only problems you have with it.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote