Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2006, 07:50 PM   #1
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Thank you Keystone!!

I want to thank everyone at Keystone for their superior customer service!!! My coach is currently sitting over at their service center in Goshen, having 3 problems corrected.

Today I showed up at the service center without an appointment. As some of you may know, I have been having problems with my bedroom slide over the past two years. My dealership has worked on this problem, and has not been able to come up with a solution. I had been in contact with Dale from Lippert about having the slide inspected at his facility. Dale and the rest of the great folks at Lippert were willing to address the slide issue and come up with a possible solution. After arriving at Lippert, I talked with Dale and his mechanics about the problem. They were able to locate the source of the problem and came up with a solution they felt would correct it. After 2 hours of work, they were unable to fix the problem. They advised me to contact Keystone and see what they recommend.

After thanking all the folks at Lippert, I decided to head directly to Keystone's customer service center. Once there, I was greeted by Darrell. During my explanation of my bedroom slide problem, Darrell and I went out to the coach to take a look. After looking and listening to the problem, he went to work! He explained what was wrong, and the steps they were going to take in correcting it. My bedroom slide is going to get an entire tear out and rebuild, including replacing all the seals and updating some of the hardware used in this slide. Darrell proceeded to ask if I was having any other problems with my coach. Today a new problem surfaced that I have never experienced before. Rain water from the tire spray had somehow worked its way into my kitchen. Today is the second day I have ever towed in the rain, and the first time I have been inside the coach on the same day. Had I not been in the coach for the bedroom slide issue, I would not have come across this problem. Darrell got this issue written up on my work order as well. The final issue is my battery. It does not seem to hold a charge more than 6 days. The mechanics are going to check out the battery and charging system while they have the coach.

Remember, I came to Keystone today without an appointment. Darrell was able to work my coach into the schedule this week and expects to have all repairs done by Thursday evening or Friday morning. I know that my coming unannounced will create additional work for the service department. That has not gone unnoticed! I was offered free camping at the service center while the repairs are being done, but decided I would go back to Chicago and leave the campsite for other owners with appointments. I got the coach unhooked and was getting ready to leave. Darrell realized I was somewhat uncomfortable leaving my coach outside in their lot with nobody staying in it over the next few days. He quickly got a maintenance bay cleared and had my coach moved inside until it could be worked on.

I want to thank Darrell and all the folks at Keystone for going above and beyond the call of duty to take care of my coach. It is appreciated more than they know.

I know we are quick to talk about all the negative things that go wrong with our RV's. I felt this story needed to be shared with all of our members. Remember, Keystone cares! I know their will be another Keystone product in my future.

2004 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD CrewCab Duramax
2004 Montana 3400RL

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:50 PM   #2
ronnilu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3933
Dave - thanks for putting this out, it is very encouraging to the rest of us. I'm with you, we are too often lax in expressing our appreciation but you did it well, and in a place with maximum exposure. This seems to be one of those times when everyone really went above and beyond!!!
mike

Mike & Ronni Sorrell
Bakersfield, Calif.
'06 3295RK
'03 GMC Duramx/Allison,4 door, long bed, supersprings,starboard running boards LineX
ronnilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:57 PM   #3
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Great story Dave,

That will help making the drive all the way from Spokane to Goshen and back a little more special.
Just think the best is yet to come..... spending all the time at the Rally.

Take Care
J&D

[img]http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/big2_both_cond/language/www/global/stations/71892.gif" border=0
alt="Click for Vancouver, British Columbia Forecast" height=60 width=468[/img]

[IMG]John & Dawn

Sunshine Coast, British Columbia
2006 2980RL &
2005 F350 Lariet, Crewcab
Shortbox Powerstroke 4X4
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:15 PM   #4
Chaser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2310
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaser
J&D: When are you leaving and what is your route? Sunshine and Chaser are traveling fairly close together (if we don't indeed catch up to them) we'll be hitting I-80 North of Salt Lake City and venturing East to near Des Moines, then South to circumvent Chicago - if interested in hooking up, just let either of us know - Sunshine has been on the route many times - this is our first trip East, let alone towing anything, so will be taking it carefully.

Chaser
email: evyorlob@sbcglobal.net for personal contact
(leaving Portland area 9/13) I-84 to I-80)
Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:46 AM   #5
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Thanks for the post Dave. Good to hear.

Good friends are like stars.....You can't always see them, but you know they are there.

Bill and Ann
Napanee, Ontario, Canada
2004 3670RL Big Sky
2003 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 Short Bed
20K.Reece Hitch
Duramax/Allison
Prodigy Controller

Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:22 AM   #6
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Thanks Dave! Positive words are always appreciated. Sometimes we only hear the negative. Nice to hear Keystone made good on your issues.

Steve and Tara Krumm
2004 GMC 4X4 Duramax Allison
2003 Montana 3655 FL

txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:51 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Great post Dave. Your experience just re-enforces what a number of us have been saying about Keystone and the Montana line. We do get a lot of BANG for our buck and there will absolutely be another Montana in my future.

Glenn
Montana Owners Home Page
RV Related Links

Glenn and Lorraine
M O C - 4 2 0
WE SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

Click on either of the above for a larger image
We are using a 2005 White GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Extended Cab, Short Bed, 4X4
with the Duramax/Allison Combo and Firestone Ride-Rite air bags
to drag around our 2004 Montana 2955RL 32'
using a PullRite 16K SuperGlide Automatic Sliding Hitch

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us!"

You know you are retired when you wake up in the morning with
nothing to do and go to bed at night with it only half done.

BUT, Keep in mind, doing nothing can be a very
tiresome job because you can't stop to rest

Click on the Flags for the Forecast
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:55 AM   #8
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Good to hear they stepped up to the plate.

Broome101
2005 F350 PSD,SRW,CC,LB, King Ranch, 4x4
2005 3685FL

http://www.picturetrail.com/broome101

Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:56 AM   #9
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Dave,

Glad to hear that Keystone is taking such great care of you and your Montana. It is nice to know that they living up to their reputation of being the number one seller for the past five years. A company with great customer service will stay at the top.

Hope you have a great time at the rally.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:05 AM   #10
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
Great to hear they are taking care of it even out of warranty.

Darrell&Pam
06 3670
06 F350 Lariet P.S.D. C.C. DRW.
Husky 16k glider
Huntly-Yorkie
Zachary,La.
pud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:22 AM   #11
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
That's a great customer focus story and that's the type action that keeps customers coming back to the Montana brand. It would be great if Keystone handled all valid problems accordingly.

Steve & Betty (AKA steves)
2005 3400RL Montana
2006 F350 PSD SRW CC LB 4X4 King Ranch
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:19 AM   #12
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Thank you Dave for letting us know the good news. I'm sure one of the reasons you got such great service was your attitude. Knowing you I know you went it there without a chip on your shoulder. The way we approach things makes a big difference in the outcome. The fact that Keystone is taking care of your rig enforces what we all know - they are a great company.
Happy trails......................

Sue and Ed Rowe
Hemet California

2005 3400RL
2006 GMC 3500 Dually, D/A, Crew Cab, Long Bed
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:43 AM   #13
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Thanks for that information Dave, I was begining to feel a little uncomfortable with Keystone customer service there for awhile. We still love Montana, and wouldn't have any other RV.

Pete, Waltraud (Wally), Brian(Grandson) and Hannah (Big German Shepherd).
2005 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW FX4 Crew Cab 6.0 Turbo Diesel, w/tow boss package, dual batteries and alternators. Reese 16K fifth wheel and a 2005 Montana 2955RL.
IMG]http://i4.tinypic.com/1115lk2.jpg[/IMG
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:27 AM   #14
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Dave,
Thanks for the great story! It is always nice to hear positive things about Keystone. We also had a very good experience with them. We had some air bubbles is the fiberglass on the side of the Montana, our dealer called Keystone, sent them pictures, and (wha-la) they authorized the fix. It too was off warrenty! Great Company!

Joy

Mel & Joy (1935)
Marysville, WA.
2002 GMC-Duramax/Allison
2004 3575RL

Our home is where you find us.

[img]http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/gizmotimetempbig/language/www/US/WA/Marysville.gif" border=0
alt="Click for Marysville, Washington Forecast" height=40 width=467[/img]
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:36 AM   #15
Gpa_Dick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5960
That is great news! And Dale is a great person who has the "servant" attitude as well. I had a problem with the hydraulic valve selectors. I mentioned this on the forum and he told me to give him a call. I called and now I have the problem fixed.

I bet you just hate to leave the Monty behind for those few days to get it fixed.

2006.5 Montana 3400RL
(Ma Bella 2 'cuz Mary is Ma Bella 1)

[img]http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/sunandmoon/language/www/US/WA/Vancouver.gif" border=0
alt="Click for Vancouver, Washington Forecast" height=150 width=256[/img]

2002 Silverado 2500 LT CC SB 4x4 DMax/Allyson Prodigy Controller
Reese Signature Hitch

Gpa_Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:54 AM   #16
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
For wannabees like me who are looking at a Montana and comparing it to the "competition," stories like this really reinforce one of the strong reasons to go with Montana rather than a competitor. Much greater peace of mind knowing you are with a company which will give such great support!!

Dave, thanks for sharing!! And look forward to seeing you at the Rally next week.

David and Jo-Anna Kikel
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:56 AM   #17
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Great post and great service. It does confirm our already high satisfaction rate with Keystone. I'm glad everything is working out for you.

mac

1999 Silverado LS Extended Cab, Prodigy Brake Controller
2006 2955RL
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:22 AM   #18
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Dave, we're so glad that you've received great service from Keystone. We stopped by the service center in July, had an appt. for an evaluation only, and once they examined our rig for the frame flex, they wouldn't let us leave until we were fixed. Darryl and George were great! We were very well cared for and appreciated it as you do. Thanks for sharing.

Judy
http://spaces.msn.com/bamatravelers/
http://bamatravelers.blogspot.com
Traveling with Glen and Greta in our 2004 Dodge dually and Montana 3380 RL

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:36 PM   #19
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Dave,

Great news about great service!! This is how a company wins loyal customers. Way to go Keystone!!!

Lamar & Debbie
Cumming,GA

Our Website
http://www.geocities.com/fulltimedreamer2004

'03 Mountaineer TT 335 RLBS
'03 F250 Crew Cab Lariat 7.3 PSD

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:42 AM   #20
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dave, that's great! Thanks for reporting about it. That's pretty much the type of service we've seen, too, and is one of the major reasons we are now on our third Montana. Darrell and George are great to work with.

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'07 3400RL
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote