Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #1
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Brett Favre retires

Well if you were from Green Bay , Wi and there is nothing else than football you would be sad that today the man retired as he said he was tired.. who can blam him after 17 years and the SPORTSMAN OF THE YEAR 2007 as said on the cover of sports illustrated on dec 10 , 2007 we will miss him and all true football fans will miss him
john conard

sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
John, I must admit I was never a GB fan, BUT, Brett Favre was, to me, the epitome of what a football player should be. It's too bad all athletes could not be more like him. In all his years I never heard him complain about anything but he was always quick to accept the blame when things went wrong, whether his fault or not. He was a true leader and will be sorely missed...
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:54 PM   #3
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
I to was never a Green Bay fan, but I do know what the fans are going through or how they feel when your hero has to give up the sport that they love. I know it was heart breaking for me when Joe Montana retired at Kansas City. The same with Marcus Allen. My daughter was a trainer there at the time both of those guys were there and she has moved on in life also. The good part is , we have them around to idealize and get their comments on sports shows once in awhile. Of course not all retirees become sports announcers, but some do and it makes the games better when you have someone that knows what it is all about to be in the BIG LEAGUES and really knows the game. I once played it myself at a lot lower level....JB
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:44 AM   #4
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
The way Brett played last year I thought he might go another season or two. He looked healthy and played like the sandlot kid that is in his heart. I was a huge fan of his and really enjoyed watching him work. He was either great or messed up bigtime...he didn't know mediocrity.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:03 AM   #5
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
As a Cheesehead I hate to see Favre retire, but am glad he is going out at the top of his game. Frankly, it was a wise decision. He could have said one more season and ended up with a serious injury; he has been lucky in that regard. The man I feel sorry for is new QB Rodgers. He will be compared to Brett with every snap he takes. GO PACK!
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #6
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
I don't care where you are from and who your team is, you gotta love Farve & green Bay.
Unless you come from Chicago.
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:14 AM   #7
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
As a life long Packers Fan and now living in Green Bay, I can assure you that it is like we lost our best friend here. Brett and his wife are amazing people and have done a lot not only for the team but also for our community. Good Luck Brett! You certainly earned our respect and you will be missed.
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:41 AM   #8
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Brett Favre is a class act. I hope he is smart enough to stay retired and not make a "comeback" as so many great athletes have done.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote