Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2008, 09:55 AM   #1
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
A question for Yoopers:

Over the years as a "Professional Tourist" I've developed a taste for many kinds of food that I've found in various parts of the country: ie; red beans and rice around Lafayette, LA, Black beans around Ybor City, FL, Mexican around East Chicago, IN (near here.) and Pastys from the UP. I'm wondering if anyone has had pastys(ies?) from either Lawrys in Ishpeming or Pasty Central in Calumet. Any info sppreciated.

Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:59 PM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Bob, it has been a few years since I've been back to my alma mater - Mich Tech. However, I believe that any pasty shops in that area will be some of the best in the world. Other areas of the country - even Lower Michigan - have tried to copy these "miners meals", but I have never found them to equal the Copper Country taste. This is my opinion, of course...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:10 PM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
You betcha hey, We love Joe's Pasty Shop in Ironwood, his daughter and son-in-law opened another in Rhinelander Wisconsin. They have been around since 1946. Here is the link http://www.joespastyshop.com/ When we left last November we took 2 dozen with us in the rig freezer. finally finished them off in January. We love them and stock up before heading south every year. Good eats ya hey fer sure... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote